- An interview with alumnus and comic artist Michael Kupperman (BFA 1998 Fine Arts) was recently featured in The A.V. Club. The first four issues of Kupperman’s Tales Designed to Thrizzle were recently published in a hardcover book (Fantagraphics 2009). Conan O’Brien also included Kupperman’s comics in his Must List in the May 31 issue of Entertainment Weekly.
- The New York Times recently highlighted the work of Pooneh Maghazehe, which is included in the Chelsea Art Museum‘s exhibition “Iran Inside Out.” Maghazehe completed summer residencies in painting through the Division of Continuing Education in 2007 and 2008. View a slide show of images from the exhibition at on The New York Times‘ Web site.
- In an article about female bohemian authors, The Village Voice profiled Reverend Jen, a performance artist also known as alumnus Jen Miller (BFA 1994 Fine Arts). Miller’s new book, Live Nude Elf, chronicles her years as a sex columnist for nerve.com.
- How @BTS, the World's Most Popular Boy Band, Bought a Dallas Artist's Paintings - D Magazine https://t.co/bcjUaKpN6G about 33 minutes ago
- Drawing as Social Practice Workshop: What does drawing mean in public spaces. https://t.co/TJ9pZrbGxZ… https://t.co/3cZHzyGwfq about 1 hour ago
- How Carrie Mae Weems (@WEEMSCarrie) -- #SVA faculty and 2016 Commencement Speaker -- Rewrote the Rules of Image-Mak… https://t.co/mla5WfWuzm about 2 hours ago
- [email protected] on #SVA's #ArtAsWitness - written by @SVAMFADesign Criticism alum @AnneQuito https://t.co/5BAD8lQ6qv https://t.co/GI11vJvPG1 about 3 hours ago
- "The Wave Makers": #SVA BFA Design faculty member and alumnus @PabloDelcan designed the cover of the latest @Time m… https://t.co/yfktu54FVg about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance to #Obsessorize. This week is your last opportunity to see the conceptual accessories sculptures create… https://t.co/AD3W9uPFii about 3 hours ago
- Hell hath no fury like https://t.co/wCf2gKtDsz about 3 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]