- An interview with alumnus and comic artist Michael Kupperman (BFA 1998 Fine Arts) was recently featured in The A.V. Club. The first four issues of Kupperman’s Tales Designed to Thrizzle were recently published in a hardcover book (Fantagraphics 2009). Conan O’Brien also included Kupperman’s comics in his Must List in the May 31 issue of Entertainment Weekly.
- The New York Times recently highlighted the work of Pooneh Maghazehe, which is included in the Chelsea Art Museum‘s exhibition “Iran Inside Out.” Maghazehe completed summer residencies in painting through the Division of Continuing Education in 2007 and 2008. View a slide show of images from the exhibition at on The New York Times‘ Web site.
- In an article about female bohemian authors, The Village Voice profiled Reverend Jen, a performance artist also known as alumnus Jen Miller (BFA 1994 Fine Arts). Miller’s new book, Live Nude Elf, chronicles her years as a sex columnist for nerve.com.
- RT @MadSqParkNYC: Artist and SVA alumnus #ErwinRedl discusses how he went from doing screen-based work and large-scale projection to “the n… about 5 hours ago
- RT @JoyAnnReid: Lots of artists are winning the Trump era, but perhaps none as much as @edelstudio https://t.co/MYxXR6Z6kw about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Complex and Satisfying, You Should Read the 'Black Panther' Comics https://t.co/k5YPV2FUJc via @WIRED about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: "Five Books That Changed My Life as a Professional Photographer” including 'The Copyright Zone' by @SVADigitalPhoto f… about 5 hours ago
- RT @EmmaMarshman: Woman’s march .... New York ... student and I found an amazing placard ... https://t.co/7LSCkLqYK1 about 17 hours ago
- RT @MuseumofCityNY: Help us tell the story of activism in NYC! If you're part of the #WomensMarch2018 today, use the hashtag #ActivistNY, a… about 23 hours ago
- RT @amykknapp: #WomensMarchNYC #WomensMarch2018 #PussyGrabsBack Thank you to @edelstudio for sharing your art! https://t.co/7N2vnDeAPF about 23 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]