- An interview with alumnus and comic artist Michael Kupperman (BFA 1998 Fine Arts) was recently featured in The A.V. Club. The first four issues of Kupperman’s Tales Designed to Thrizzle were recently published in a hardcover book (Fantagraphics 2009). Conan O’Brien also included Kupperman’s comics in his Must List in the May 31 issue of Entertainment Weekly.
- The New York Times recently highlighted the work of Pooneh Maghazehe, which is included in the Chelsea Art Museum‘s exhibition “Iran Inside Out.” Maghazehe completed summer residencies in painting through the Division of Continuing Education in 2007 and 2008. View a slide show of images from the exhibition at on The New York Times‘ Web site.
- In an article about female bohemian authors, The Village Voice profiled Reverend Jen, a performance artist also known as alumnus Jen Miller (BFA 1994 Fine Arts). Miller’s new book, Live Nude Elf, chronicles her years as a sex columnist for nerve.com.
- RT @SVADSI: Fifteen social design projects that rethink our lives. May 1 at the SVA Theatre. RSVP: https://t.co/5cERozi522. https://t.co/kF… about 2 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Amazing documentary without even leaving your house? @POVdocs has just announced its 31st Season and it includes two films whic… about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVABFAPHOTO: SVA BFA Photography & Video alum Alex M. Smith (2007) is featured on https://t.co/CFTKkYaGH6 with a photo essay about moth… about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Closing Saturday: “The Haves and Have-Nots,” a theme-based exhibition of work by third-year BFA Cartooning and BFA Illust… about 2 hours ago
- RT @Dazed: "Thank you to this island for giving so much, sharing so much, and being a constant place of refuge and retreat when I've needed… about 2 hours ago
- Comic book legend and early #SVA student #JoeSinnott inked virtually every major @Marvel title from the '50s throug… https://t.co/ySrMQm5GoL about 3 hours ago
- Celebrated photographer and SVA alumnus #FrankOckenfelsIII has immortalized the look of @DavidBowie, #AngelinaJolie… https://t.co/FMBF1EWy00 about 3 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]