- For its 50th Illustration Annual, Communication Arts revisited several illustrators who have been profiled since the inception of the annual issue. Several members of the SVA community were on that list, including MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Department Chair Marshall Arisman, alumnus and Masters Series laureate Paul Davis (G 1959 Illustration), BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Steve Brodner, and alumnus and BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Yuko Shimizu.
- New York Press interviewed MFA Design Department Co-chair Steven Heller for an article about T-shirts created by graphic designers and the debate about whether or not these designs constitute original art. In addition to having authored several books on graphic design, Heller also writes a daily blog for Print magazine.
- The exhibition “Identity Identities (i/i),” featuring work by graduates from the BFA Photography Department, was recently covered in ArtDaily.org. The exhibition is at Aperture Gallery, 547 West 27th Street, 4th floor and on view until Wednesday, August 26.
- Designboom covers The Masters Series: Christoph Niemann, on now at SVA Chelsea Gallery @SVAgalleries @designboom https://t.co/UrmzcmS9TD about 8 hours ago
- Check out our roundup of current and upcoming exhibitions at some of NYC's world-class art and design museums. https://t.co/Y7iJuNi8Dp 10:41:14 AM October 13, 2017
- Watch full #NYCC17 @SVACarDev 'Creating a Career in Animation' panel with @rebeccasugar, @Mike__Roth and @philrynda https://t.co/wadEvO3Rvg 02:57:26 PM October 12, 2017
- RT @SVAalumni: Hey DC #SVAalumni! Join us 10.18 at @TheSovereignDC https://t.co/uAHXtAQMst https://t.co/LYLIku0Ixc 04:02:30 PM October 11, 2017
- Tomorrow @SVABFAPHOTO and @DEARDAVEMAG present artist talk/book signing with Jack Pierson and Steel Stillman. Free. https://t.co/joL8zKmngQ 10:03:33 AM October 11, 2017
- RT @artandeducation: School of Visual Arts MFA Art Practice welcomes applications through January 15, 2018. @svaartpractice @SVA_News https… 03:56:24 PM October 09, 2017
- RT @SVADSI: Mark your calendars, @SVA_News! The Design for Social Innovation open house is Oct. 20. 📆 https://t.co/2k2x36difB https://t.co/… 01:28:11 PM October 09, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]