- For its 50th Illustration Annual, Communication Arts revisited several illustrators who have been profiled since the inception of the annual issue. Several members of the SVA community were on that list, including MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Department Chair Marshall Arisman, alumnus and Masters Series laureate Paul Davis (G 1959 Illustration), BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Steve Brodner, and alumnus and BFA Illustration and Cartooning faculty member Yuko Shimizu.
- New York Press interviewed MFA Design Department Co-chair Steven Heller for an article about T-shirts created by graphic designers and the debate about whether or not these designs constitute original art. In addition to having authored several books on graphic design, Heller also writes a daily blog for Print magazine.
- The exhibition “Identity Identities (i/i),” featuring work by graduates from the BFA Photography Department, was recently covered in ArtDaily.org. The exhibition is at Aperture Gallery, 547 West 27th Street, 4th floor and on view until Wednesday, August 26.
- A @DavidBowie installation is taking over an NYC subway station https://t.co/FjQotUN0hD about 42 minutes ago
- RT @SVATypeLab: TypeLab 2018 kicks off July 2! Our Type and the City session is led by @ultrasparky, @yomaraugusto, @frerejones, and more o… about 1 hour ago
- RT @scottbakal: Thank you @SVAalumni @SVA_News for the love in the current Visual Arts Journal! After all these years, it means a lot. ❤️ h… about 1 hour ago
- #FridayFeeIing Here’s "Weekend Hot Links,” a fresh batch of art and design stories recently shared by the… https://t.co/Ha4dIwpJkE about 1 hour ago
- Jim Carrey Is Rapidly Creating Portraits of the Players in Donald Trump’s Many Scandals https://t.co/4w48qOpKuj about 1 hour ago
- Of Art and Plunder: Why Black Curators Are Still Shut Out of the Art World—and Why It Matters https://t.co/YR1OV4KNXE about 1 hour ago
- How paintings of wrestlers depict male intimacy: https://t.co/n85C3rH7rS about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]