- The Badlands Saloon: An Illustrated Novel by Jonathan Twingley (MFA 1998 Illustration as Visual Essay): A semi-autobiographical paen to the American of Jack Kerouac and Walt Whitman, Twingley’s book follows art student Jonny as he moves from New York City to rural North Dakota, meeting and sketching the locals he encounters (Scribner, 2009).
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight (BFA 1998 Animation): The first book in a new series for Simon & Schuster, this hybrid of graphic novel and standard chapter book brings the title character’s imagination to life as he turns cleaning his room into a fantastical adventure (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 2009).
- Iraq War Stories Anthology, edited by Nick Bertozzi (faculty, BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department): An online collection of work from Bertozzi’s Comic Book Storytelling Workshop course, featuring student adaptations of stories from the battlefields of Iraq. Thirteen stories will run at act-i-vate.com, one per week, through the end of July.
- SVA partners with @KadenzeOfficial to offer The Complete Typographer. Watch this short intro video to learn more: https://t.co/Vwv3zySHVF 05:21:52 PM September 21, 2017
- Illustrator Christoph Niemann talks about creativity and ‘the wisdom of the 9-to-5 routine' https://t.co/AVqj2HWZfC… https://t.co/yi7RW9sBVL 11:37:33 AM September 21, 2017
- [email protected] alum @smartinbrough talks to @washingtonpost about fulfilling his dream of drawing 'Hellboy'… https://t.co/UZCRSMIoB7 11:25:53 AM September 21, 2017
- RT @artwritingSVA: #SaveTheDate for October 7th! Visiting prof #LucyRaven will be part of a Calder screening program at @whitneymuseum: htt… 11:19:27 AM September 21, 2017
- RT @visualcritical: VCS Grad Julia Stoddard will be part of an exhibition of interactive sound sculptures at Outpost Artists Resources: htt… 10:26:21 AM September 21, 2017
- Check out the first trailer for the rebooted @MythBusters starring @svaPoD alum @jonjuhanlung!… https://t.co/nXLhZooKW6 04:56:58 PM September 20, 2017
- RT @scriberian: Seriously considering a trip to New York for Christoph Niemann's new exhibition at the @SVA_News later this month: https://… 03:39:29 PM September 20, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]