- The Badlands Saloon: An Illustrated Novel by Jonathan Twingley (MFA 1998 Illustration as Visual Essay): A semi-autobiographical paen to the American of Jack Kerouac and Walt Whitman, Twingley’s book follows art student Jonny as he moves from New York City to rural North Dakota, meeting and sketching the locals he encounters (Scribner, 2009).
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight (BFA 1998 Animation): The first book in a new series for Simon & Schuster, this hybrid of graphic novel and standard chapter book brings the title character’s imagination to life as he turns cleaning his room into a fantastical adventure (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 2009).
- Iraq War Stories Anthology, edited by Nick Bertozzi (faculty, BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department): An online collection of work from Bertozzi’s Comic Book Storytelling Workshop course, featuring student adaptations of stories from the battlefields of Iraq. Thirteen stories will run at act-i-vate.com, one per week, through the end of July.
- New Technology Enables Astoundingly Accurate Artwork Reproductions https://t.co/WoaBjFwLwm about 10 hours ago
- RT @smartinbrough: #RepostSave - It's official! Celebrating AfroLatinidad #LaBorinqueña is part of the 7th Annual @SchomburgCenter #BlackCo… about 10 hours ago
- Smithsonian Adds Gallery Honoring Latino-American Culture https://t.co/bMFOMjL8hI about 14 hours ago
- The art thriving in the most heavily bombed country in history https://t.co/NIS9VMrlBC about 15 hours ago
- My Memories of Watching Roz Chast Draw in Junior High https://t.co/vk5PAcyL9O about 15 hours ago
- The 15 Best Gifts for Artists and Art Lovers https://t.co/zzT3UakRLx about 15 hours ago
- Female artists emerge from shadow cast by Berlin Wall https://t.co/Ed3qSRCj0L about 16 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]