- The Badlands Saloon: An Illustrated Novel by Jonathan Twingley (MFA 1998 Illustration as Visual Essay): A semi-autobiographical paen to the American of Jack Kerouac and Walt Whitman, Twingley’s book follows art student Jonny as he moves from New York City to rural North Dakota, meeting and sketching the locals he encounters (Scribner, 2009).
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight (BFA 1998 Animation): The first book in a new series for Simon & Schuster, this hybrid of graphic novel and standard chapter book brings the title character’s imagination to life as he turns cleaning his room into a fantastical adventure (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 2009).
- Iraq War Stories Anthology, edited by Nick Bertozzi (faculty, BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department): An online collection of work from Bertozzi’s Comic Book Storytelling Workshop course, featuring student adaptations of stories from the battlefields of Iraq. Thirteen stories will run at act-i-vate.com, one per week, through the end of July.
- RT @MFAVN: Draft & Draw | Bring yourself, your appetite, and your supplies. There's no need to bring your sketchbook. Your canvas for the e… about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: See 12 design entrepreneurs present their ideas at Venture Forum: Design and Discovery #venture18 @SVA_News @svatheatre h… about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Last chance to check out "Mentors"! This exhibition closes Tuesday, March 27. On view now at SVA Chelsea Gallery, 601 Wes… about 12 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Filmmakers, join our friends at @nyfacurrent for an Apr. 4 workshop w/ @JimJimfyfe, who will share practical techniques for net… about 12 hours ago
- RT @buzelli: Portrait of Wes Anderson and a movie review of his new film ISLE OF DOGS for @newrepublic - oil on board/15"x20" https://t.co/… about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Social design is the application of design principles to solve for complex human problems. Learn about it in DSI's FREE online… about 12 hours ago
- RT @candsjoy: I want to be like Spike. https://t.co/PIFUbakMJi @Adweek @appleidinesh about 14 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]