- The Badlands Saloon: An Illustrated Novel by Jonathan Twingley (MFA 1998 Illustration as Visual Essay): A semi-autobiographical paen to the American of Jack Kerouac and Walt Whitman, Twingley’s book follows art student Jonny as he moves from New York City to rural North Dakota, meeting and sketching the locals he encounters (Scribner, 2009).
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight (BFA 1998 Animation): The first book in a new series for Simon & Schuster, this hybrid of graphic novel and standard chapter book brings the title character’s imagination to life as he turns cleaning his room into a fantastical adventure (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 2009).
- Iraq War Stories Anthology, edited by Nick Bertozzi (faculty, BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department): An online collection of work from Bertozzi’s Comic Book Storytelling Workshop course, featuring student adaptations of stories from the battlefields of Iraq. Thirteen stories will run at act-i-vate.com, one per week, through the end of July.
- Painting or Palette? Thoughts on Suicide and the Meaning of Life https://t.co/Mvft5jFhdp about 4 hours ago
- Soyoung Lee Named Chief Curator of Harvard Art Museums https://t.co/RZuGaSchhr about 5 hours ago
- How to Decorate: Decorating 101 - The Inspired Room https://t.co/EmAtwdj8Q1 about 6 hours ago
- At Art Basel Opening, a Pair of $14 Million Joan Mitchell Sales Shows Surge in Market for Women Artists https://t.co/TDubGJSaZO about 7 hours ago
- Hair Is a Vibrant Source of Power in#SVA alum Lorna Simpson’s Fantastical Collages https://t.co/iPYMxJnIUA about 8 hours ago
- RT @artwritingSVA: #Survey: Start the new week with a review by Professor Jennifer Krasinski (@prettymetals), who writes about the catalog… about 9 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: How David Bowie Invented Ziggy Stardust An excerpt from the new book ‘Strange Stars’ explores how classic sci-fi and the works o… about 9 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]