- The Badlands Saloon: An Illustrated Novel by Jonathan Twingley (MFA 1998 Illustration as Visual Essay): A semi-autobiographical paen to the American of Jack Kerouac and Walt Whitman, Twingley’s book follows art student Jonny as he moves from New York City to rural North Dakota, meeting and sketching the locals he encounters (Scribner, 2009).
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight (BFA 1998 Animation): The first book in a new series for Simon & Schuster, this hybrid of graphic novel and standard chapter book brings the title character’s imagination to life as he turns cleaning his room into a fantastical adventure (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 2009).
- Iraq War Stories Anthology, edited by Nick Bertozzi (faculty, BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department): An online collection of work from Bertozzi’s Comic Book Storytelling Workshop course, featuring student adaptations of stories from the battlefields of Iraq. Thirteen stories will run at act-i-vate.com, one per week, through the end of July.
- RT @SVADSI: Join us for a screening of "The Long Friday," a documentary-in-progress about how Iceland became the most gender-equal country… about 3 hours ago
- Tonight: A panel discussion with @MichaelDeFeo and other alumni artists featured in the exhibition "Street Smart,"… https://t.co/U8fTrV3qfW about 4 hours ago
- A peek into the sketchbooks of @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT faculty member/alumnus Carol Fabricatore, whose work is currently o… https://t.co/q1cw2gwwox 12:26:41 PM December 11, 2017
- RT @NYPDnews: Update from @FDNY regarding injuries at 42nd St. and 8th Ave. #PortAuthority https://t.co/IzZmg63kzr 09:25:26 AM December 11, 2017
- Stay clear of Times Square area, trains bypassing Port Authority. https://t.co/SRXj2MUD9B 09:03:21 AM December 11, 2017
- RT @artwritingSVA: SVA on View at #MiamiArtWeek2017! Alumna Emma Drew (@emedrew, Class of 2017) writes about @SVAgalleries in collaboration… 12:03:35 PM December 09, 2017
- RT @SVADSI: Download the 2017 MFA Design for Social Innovation brochure: https://t.co/chsCUQTDXY https://t.co/sOJkAjDeh2 09:32:28 AM December 09, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]