- The Badlands Saloon: An Illustrated Novel by Jonathan Twingley (MFA 1998 Illustration as Visual Essay): A semi-autobiographical paen to the American of Jack Kerouac and Walt Whitman, Twingley’s book follows art student Jonny as he moves from New York City to rural North Dakota, meeting and sketching the locals he encounters (Scribner, 2009).
- Frankie Pickle and the Closet of Doom by Eric Wight (BFA 1998 Animation): The first book in a new series for Simon & Schuster, this hybrid of graphic novel and standard chapter book brings the title character’s imagination to life as he turns cleaning his room into a fantastical adventure (Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, 2009).
- Iraq War Stories Anthology, edited by Nick Bertozzi (faculty, BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department): An online collection of work from Bertozzi’s Comic Book Storytelling Workshop course, featuring student adaptations of stories from the battlefields of Iraq. Thirteen stories will run at act-i-vate.com, one per week, through the end of July.
- RT @heyjenbartel: ⚡️🌈💥 G I R L G AN G 🔥⚔️🦋 My Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant, available at your LCS this November! https://t.co/H9jl2CGfWn about 31 minutes ago
- RT @BobGiraldi: Fox Searchlight Pictures has acquired two short films that screened in the Toronto Shorts International Film Festival Short… about 32 minutes ago
- Check out the @Kickstarter page for @sva_computerart students' upcoming thesis film 'A Moonlight's Tale'! Help them… https://t.co/sxjqR2OQDD about 38 minutes ago
- RT @SVALibrary: It’s National Voter Registration Day! The library has a stack of New York State voter registration forms - come fill one ou… about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVACampusStore: This is the last week for our Choose Two Back-To-School promotions! 🎒🎟 📻👩🏽💻👨🏾💻🎉 🎧 Offer is valid until Friday! https:… about 1 hour ago
- [email protected] went to @Foursquare last week, hosted by SVA MFAD 2014 alumni, Yiming Bao. Read about the experience… https://t.co/k1AYlB5ORV about 1 hour ago
- RT @coreconnectnow: We live in a new world where customers are woke and have influence on how brands relate to them. See @debbiemillman, @S… about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]