- Areej Khan‘s (MFA 2009 Design) thesis project We the Women was recently featured on NY1 and CNN. Khan graduated from the MFA Design Department on May 15 and was the subject of two recent stories in The New York Times for the project.
- The May 11 issue of New York magazine profiles video artist and alumnus Kate Gilmore (MFA 2002 Fine Arts), highlighting her current group exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum, “Reflections on the Electric Mirror: New Feminist Video,” running through January 2010. The current issue of Time Out New York also calls out Gilmore’s work in the exhibition.
- Alumni Alejandra Laviada (MFA 2007 Photography, Video and Related Media) and Daniel Traub (MFA 1998 Photography, Video and Related Media) were featured in The Moment, the blog for T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Both Laviada and Traub were among 10 emerging photographers selected for this year’s International Fashion and Photography Festival in Hyeres, France. Additionally, work by Laviada and alumnus Amy Stein (MFA 2006 Photography, Video and Related Media) is included in the online publication Visura Magazine.
- Don't forget. Tonight at 6:30pm at the @svatheatre, @GloriaSteinem and #BarbaraNessim: In Conversation… https://t.co/TX5S8O9jgp about 6 hours ago
- Jan Fabre Is Renowned for Pushing Boundaries. Did He Go Too Far With His Dancers? https://t.co/bLdpzdXRwT about 6 hours ago
- 6:30PM tonight! @visualcritical hosts GROUP CHAT: Bringing Together a Peer Network. Three guest artists show work &… https://t.co/UdgqXBNu6h about 7 hours ago
- Yayoi Kusama: the world's favourite artist? https://t.co/K3EHPDvNLW about 7 hours ago
- My First Year: SVA Student Rianne Pyle https://t.co/REEZPKm70Y about 8 hours ago
- Here's our feature on @Savageartist's most recent book. #SVA's Stephen Savage Puts An Imaginative Twist On A Classi… https://t.co/GB9MmvbePK about 8 hours ago in reply to SVA_News
- #SVA's @Savageartist has a new book coming! #BabysitterFromAnotherPlanet On bookstore shelves 2/12/19. WANT! https://t.co/TyccTupYSd about 8 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]