- Areej Khan‘s (MFA 2009 Design) thesis project We the Women was recently featured on NY1 and CNN. Khan graduated from the MFA Design Department on May 15 and was the subject of two recent stories in The New York Times for the project.
- The May 11 issue of New York magazine profiles video artist and alumnus Kate Gilmore (MFA 2002 Fine Arts), highlighting her current group exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum, “Reflections on the Electric Mirror: New Feminist Video,” running through January 2010. The current issue of Time Out New York also calls out Gilmore’s work in the exhibition.
- Alumni Alejandra Laviada (MFA 2007 Photography, Video and Related Media) and Daniel Traub (MFA 1998 Photography, Video and Related Media) were featured in The Moment, the blog for T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Both Laviada and Traub were among 10 emerging photographers selected for this year’s International Fashion and Photography Festival in Hyeres, France. Additionally, work by Laviada and alumnus Amy Stein (MFA 2006 Photography, Video and Related Media) is included in the online publication Visura Magazine.
- Etched onto a slice of scarlet watermelon are the words “Viva la vida”: live life. https://t.co/BZKQIEllw4 about 6 minutes ago
- For the past decade or so, Mark van Wageningen has been investigating the possibilities of adding color to the conv… https://t.co/kx9n0IkfoV about 38 minutes ago
- 20 Best Photo to Pencil Drawing Effect Actions for Photoshop https://t.co/vhUYJUOai4 #drawings #illustration #photoshop about 1 hour ago
- Apple Created an Ode to the Trials and Triumphs of Creating on a Mac - there's joy in the process https://t.co/aHlPDhqGv8 #art #computers about 2 hours ago
- The Introspection Illusion https://t.co/xpNaQgx0uq about 19 hours ago
- RT @NYPhotoSalon: Tonight, come see great work! #nyphotosalon #nyc #svanyc https://t.co/dmlXvAhFek about 19 hours ago
- BFA Illustration faculty member @edelstudio contributes to @tmagazine's "13 Artists On: Immigration" feature:… https://t.co/BFHl6XhWIA about 19 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]