- Alumnus Julieta Aranda (BFA 2000 Film and Video) is the first artist to be featured in the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum‘s new contemporary art series, Intervals, which presents solo exhibitions by emerging artists. In this exhibition, Aranda exposes the subjective experience of time, with pieces such as an oversized clock divided into 10 hours. Click here to read Flavorwire‘s interview with Aranda about the show and her time at SVA .
- Artist and alumnus Alexis Rockman (BFA 1985 Fine Arts) was just featured in Boise Weekly. Rockman, known for his paintings depicting the precarious relationship between culture and natural history, gives a lecture at Boise State College on Thursday, April 30. The college is organizing an outreach program around the event, asking local junior and high school art students to submit works for a competition “imagining the future of nature and the earth’s ecology.”
- Canada’s National Post recently interviewed alumnus Jen Miller (BFA 1994 Fine Arts), better known as performance artist and writer Reverend Jen. The article delves into Miller’s past work, life on the Lower East Side and her new book Live Nude Elf (Soft Skull, 2009).
- Happy publishing day to @SVAMPSB chair Debbie Millman and her co-authors! https://t.co/qbNNWFZYkJ about 12 hours ago
- Tonight, 6:30: @artwritingSVA and @DCrit co-present a lecture by architect/artist Allan Wexler. Free. RSVP: https://t.co/YOs5KsC42l about 17 hours ago
- Designboom covers The Masters Series: Christoph Niemann, on now at SVA Chelsea Gallery @SVAgalleries @designboom https://t.co/UrmzcmS9TD 03:39:34 PM October 16, 2017
- Check out our roundup of current and upcoming exhibitions at some of NYC's world-class art and design museums. https://t.co/Y7iJuNi8Dp 10:41:14 AM October 13, 2017
- Watch full #NYCC17 @SVACarDev 'Creating a Career in Animation' panel with @rebeccasugar, @Mike__Roth and @philrynda https://t.co/wadEvO3Rvg 02:57:26 PM October 12, 2017
- RT @SVAalumni: Hey DC #SVAalumni! Join us 10.18 at @TheSovereignDC https://t.co/uAHXtAQMst https://t.co/LYLIku0Ixc 04:02:30 PM October 11, 2017
- Tomorrow @SVABFAPHOTO and @DEARDAVEMAG present artist talk/book signing with Jack Pierson and Steel Stillman. Free. https://t.co/joL8zKmngQ 10:03:33 AM October 11, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]