- Marvel editor in chief Joe Quesada (BFA Illustration 1984) was profiled by the London Times Online. Quesada talks about his time in the BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department with courses taught by Will Eisner and Harvey Kurtzman, as well as his work at Marvel and on the Spider-man comics.
- The St. Charles Herald Guide and The Times Picaynne reported on current BFA Film, Video and Animation Department student Danny Walton‘s production of his thesis project. Walton wanted to shoot scenes for the film Acting Your Age in his hometown, so he and his crew made the journey from New York to New Orleans. Acting Your Age focuses on the family life of a teenage girl, her father and her Iraq War-veteran brother.
- Satre Stuelke, a former faculty member in the MFA Computer Art Department, is the subject of a recent feature in The New York Times. Stuelke uses a CT scanner to produce images of everyday objects, such as children’s toys, iPhones and Big Macs, hoping to inspire the viewer to contemplate how things are constructed. View a slide show of images from Stuelke’s CT scans.
- RT @stevebrodner: One of the best things about our upcoming Art as Witness Show at SVA Chelsea Gallery (opening Oct. 11 6-8) is the catalog… about 15 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: On bookstore shelves 2/12/19. @HolidayHouseBks @NealPorterBooks @SVA_News @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT @SVALibrary @SVAIllusCart @bbo… about 15 hours ago
- The Frick Likely to Take Over the Met Breuer https://t.co/5EOW2U27yI about 15 hours ago
- Artist Brings Inanimate Objects to Life as Funny and Mischievous Characters https://t.co/E79ZZoKzBo about 16 hours ago
- RT @heyjenbartel: Meow 😼✍🏼 https://t.co/fVrCHgX25W about 17 hours ago
- RT @KatrinEismann: Golden hope in the morning...admittedly I wish that the Empire State Building was better centered. Have I just ruined th… about 17 hours ago
- RT @artwritingSVA: To the Pit of Things—Wrap up the week with this piece by alumnus @ColinEdgington, about three concurrent exhibitions of… about 17 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]