- Marvel editor in chief Joe Quesada (BFA Illustration 1984) was profiled by the London Times Online. Quesada talks about his time in the BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department with courses taught by Will Eisner and Harvey Kurtzman, as well as his work at Marvel and on the Spider-man comics.
- The St. Charles Herald Guide and The Times Picaynne reported on current BFA Film, Video and Animation Department student Danny Walton‘s production of his thesis project. Walton wanted to shoot scenes for the film Acting Your Age in his hometown, so he and his crew made the journey from New York to New Orleans. Acting Your Age focuses on the family life of a teenage girl, her father and her Iraq War-veteran brother.
- Satre Stuelke, a former faculty member in the MFA Computer Art Department, is the subject of a recent feature in The New York Times. Stuelke uses a CT scanner to produce images of everyday objects, such as children’s toys, iPhones and Big Macs, hoping to inspire the viewer to contemplate how things are constructed. View a slide show of images from Stuelke’s CT scans.
- Satirical Images of Virtue and Vice Painted by Toni Hamel https://t.co/rijbE5tj8T about 1 hour ago
- MoMA acquires 324 works of early 20th-century avant-garde art and graphic design https://t.co/ZPglMo2xs9 about 2 hours ago
- RT @ProfessorTnyc: Best Creative #PhotoClass #CreativeProcess in town! #creativity #education #progress #evolution #cuttingedge #zeitgeist… about 3 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: Luisa Ulhoa (Class of 2018): “Aroe Maiwu” means “new soul” in the language of the Bororo people. This indigenous tribe was one o… about 3 hours ago
- See the world’s most iconic paintings with the people erased https://t.co/a5977Ha780 about 3 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: Hits shelves in 1 month! https://t.co/JkHaqpdEIY @timmccanna @AndreaDavisPink @PublicolorNYC @_producer @tonydokoupil @CT… about 3 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: My first book with @nporterbooks + @HolidayHouseBks. 👽👽👽@bbowen949 @GreenburgerLit @SVA_News @SVALibrary @SVAIllusCart @S… about 3 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]