Alumnus and BFA Illustration and Cartooning Department faculty member Fernanda Cohen (BFA 2004 Illustration) recently received a Jury Award in Altpick’s 2008 Alt Awards for the series War of Words. Altpick, a professional organization for illustrators, photographers, graphic, Web and interactive designers, and animators, presents both juried and peer-reviewed annual awards in each of its creative fields. According to the artist, these winning pieces explore “the dynamic behind 10 different universal arguments: politics, love, childhood, sports, customer service, religion, protests, parenthood, friendship and self.” The illustrations also received a Silver Medal from the Society of Illustrators of New York and a Silver Medal from the Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles in 2008.
Another recent prize went to Art History Department faculty member Tamara Kostianovsky, who was a 2008 recipient of a Pollock-Krasner Grant. Established in 1985 by painter Lee Krasner (who was also the widow of artist Jackson Pollock), the Pollock-Krasner Foundation awards grants to working artists around the world.
- RT @MFAVN: Draft & Draw | Bring yourself, your appetite, and your supplies. There's no need to bring your sketchbook. Your canvas for the e… about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: See 12 design entrepreneurs present their ideas at Venture Forum: Design and Discovery #venture18 @SVA_News @svatheatre h… about 11 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Last chance to check out "Mentors"! This exhibition closes Tuesday, March 27. On view now at SVA Chelsea Gallery, 601 Wes… about 11 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Filmmakers, join our friends at @nyfacurrent for an Apr. 4 workshop w/ @JimJimfyfe, who will share practical techniques for net… about 11 hours ago
- RT @buzelli: Portrait of Wes Anderson and a movie review of his new film ISLE OF DOGS for @newrepublic - oil on board/15"x20" https://t.co/… about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Social design is the application of design principles to solve for complex human problems. Learn about it in DSI's FREE online… about 12 hours ago
- RT @candsjoy: I want to be like Spike. https://t.co/PIFUbakMJi @Adweek @appleidinesh about 13 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]