The beginning of a new year is a popular time to make resolutions for self-improvement. Alumni Linda Artemchuk and Melissa Utreras (both BFA 2005 Advertising) have a new project dedicated to helping people stay on track with one particularly difficult pledge—to quit smoking.
Make 2009 Your Time to Quit is a multimedia smoking-cessation campaign that invites smokers to visit mytimetoquit.com/2009 and post a photo of themselves along with a commitment to quit. The images are then sent to a system that posts them on the giant Reuters and NASDAQ billboard screens in Manhattan’s Times Square, turning that personal resolution into a very public pledge (the site also includes tips for quitting and galleries of all posted images). Artemchuck and Utreras created the Make 2009 Your Time to Quit project as part of their work for the Digitas NY agency, and it will be running in Times Square until Saturday, January 31.
Image: Make 2009 Your Time to Quit on the Reuters building in Times Square.
- Best Made X @Wilco. @Pitchfork on how alt-rock band #Wilco is selling a deluxe box set and axe (yes, an axe!) desig… https://t.co/3cj6RHLnLN about 1 hour ago
- "#ThePriceOfEverything puts the complexities of the art world on breathtaking display" - Nice review of this art do… https://t.co/sNSGtOlnbd about 1 hour ago
- RT @smartinbrough: Official pic from last months @SVA_News Alumni Film & Animation Festival #BlackPanther panel. I joined fellow @svanyc al… about 1 hour ago
- RT @MFAVN: If you're a storyteller who wants to apply to our low-residency program starting in Summer 2019 then check out our students' sto… about 1 hour ago
- RT @edelstudio: art for Doctors Without Borders. @MSF_USA https://t.co/a5b272KFXP about 1 hour ago
- Check out the animation of #SVA faculty and alumnus' @pablodelcan's new @Time cover. https://t.co/f8gHFItF2q about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVAcuratorial: #OpeningReception 10/19/18 6pm: This isn't for You, exhibition curated by Becka Jean, #SVA #MACuratorialPractice fellow… about 3 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]