The beginning of a new year is a popular time to make resolutions for self-improvement. Alumni Linda Artemchuk and Melissa Utreras (both BFA 2005 Advertising) have a new project dedicated to helping people stay on track with one particularly difficult pledge—to quit smoking.
Make 2009 Your Time to Quit is a multimedia smoking-cessation campaign that invites smokers to visit mytimetoquit.com/2009 and post a photo of themselves along with a commitment to quit. The images are then sent to a system that posts them on the giant Reuters and NASDAQ billboard screens in Manhattan’s Times Square, turning that personal resolution into a very public pledge (the site also includes tips for quitting and galleries of all posted images). Artemchuck and Utreras created the Make 2009 Your Time to Quit project as part of their work for the Digitas NY agency, and it will be running in Times Square until Saturday, January 31.
Image: Make 2009 Your Time to Quit on the Reuters building in Times Square.
- RT @danmishkin: Many thanks to @Nate_Powell_Art for the lovely inscription in my copy of #ComeAgain. Thanks even more for the haunting and… about 8 hours ago
- RT @DanaTerrace: 🦉🐸💕 https://t.co/qHwUH49LM9 about 8 hours ago
- RT @artnet: Bowie, unmasked The work of Kate Garner merges music and fine art, as Garner began as a musician herself. Her 1995 portrait of… about 8 hours ago
- RT @nathanfoxy: #SKETCHofTHEday Commute gear concept stuff @WM_Comic #BrutalDOODLE #StayTUNED! https://t.co/qxLlCwvg3t about 8 hours ago
- RT @CartoonNetPR: Does #StevenUniverse cosplay get more magical than this? #CNatSDCC https://t.co/JtIwZU3MRm about 10 hours ago
- RT @cartoonnetwork: *CRIES IN SAN DIEGO* 😭😭😭 You guys, we’re getting a Steven Universe Movie soon ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 #StevenUniverseMovie #StevenUnive… about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Celebrating three of the six Adobe Design Achievement Awards semi-finalists! Let’s wish them all luck in the next step… about 11 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]