The beginning of a new year is a popular time to make resolutions for self-improvement. Alumni Linda Artemchuk and Melissa Utreras (both BFA 2005 Advertising) have a new project dedicated to helping people stay on track with one particularly difficult pledge—to quit smoking.
Make 2009 Your Time to Quit is a multimedia smoking-cessation campaign that invites smokers to visit mytimetoquit.com/2009 and post a photo of themselves along with a commitment to quit. The images are then sent to a system that posts them on the giant Reuters and NASDAQ billboard screens in Manhattan’s Times Square, turning that personal resolution into a very public pledge (the site also includes tips for quitting and galleries of all posted images). Artemchuck and Utreras created the Make 2009 Your Time to Quit project as part of their work for the Digitas NY agency, and it will be running in Times Square until Saturday, January 31.
Image: Make 2009 Your Time to Quit on the Reuters building in Times Square.
- RT @MFAVN: Draft & Draw | Bring yourself, your appetite, and your supplies. There's no need to bring your sketchbook. Your canvas for the e… about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: See 12 design entrepreneurs present their ideas at Venture Forum: Design and Discovery #venture18 @SVA_News @svatheatre h… about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Last chance to check out "Mentors"! This exhibition closes Tuesday, March 27. On view now at SVA Chelsea Gallery, 601 Wes… about 12 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Filmmakers, join our friends at @nyfacurrent for an Apr. 4 workshop w/ @JimJimfyfe, who will share practical techniques for net… about 12 hours ago
- RT @buzelli: Portrait of Wes Anderson and a movie review of his new film ISLE OF DOGS for @newrepublic - oil on board/15"x20" https://t.co/… about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Social design is the application of design principles to solve for complex human problems. Learn about it in DSI's FREE online… about 12 hours ago
- RT @candsjoy: I want to be like Spike. https://t.co/PIFUbakMJi @Adweek @appleidinesh about 13 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]