As winter arrives at SVA, BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department faculty member Marco Ruesta and students in his Motion Graphics Essentials, C4D and After Effects course are getting in on the cold-weather fun. For an assignment from lifestyle magazine Complex, the class took photographs from its snowboarding feature article “Powder Limits” and transformed the still images into animated videos.
The five resulting motion graphics videos—created by Andrei Dan, Jordana Ferraro, Ryan Gottilla, Aleksander Ivanov, Honkit Lam, Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano, Nak Kyu Oh, Hyun Jung Ra and Andy Rifken—have been posted on the Complex Web site, and readers are invited to cast votes for their favorites (click here). The video that garners the most votes will become the “official” version that runs alongside the “Powder Limits” article, and the creators of the winning work will be hired by Complex for a job in 2009.
Image: Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano and Andy Rifken, still from “Powder Limits” video (detail), 2008.
- RT @artsy: Arts-focused field trips may boost standardized test scores, new research finds: https://t.co/HIoQ32up95 https://t.co/VqGbCBdKx5 about 9 hours ago
- RT @SVATypeLab: Latest obsession: The Herb Lubalin Study Center and Readymag have launched ‘Lubalin 100’—a site of “100 things over 100 day… about 12 hours ago
- RT @artsy: Why the art market’s simplest form of transparency fell out of favor: https://t.co/eLXb5udGPF https://t.co/Gm4djMozH3 about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Artist talk by Jane Hammond, who has spent over a decade creating a surreal series of photographic collages, as part o… about 13 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Catch up with designer Darren Melchiorre MFAD'07 https://t.co/7br7hmTwMZ @RoticDesign @SVAalumni #AlumniSpotlight @SVA_Ne… about 13 hours ago
- The Albertina opens a large-scale exhibition of works by #SVA's #KeithHaring https://t.co/mUoNrXTgaM about 14 hours ago
- It looks like #Banksy has returned to NYC. https://t.co/QBqpnsuDgE via @hyperallergic about 15 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]