As winter arrives at SVA, BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department faculty member Marco Ruesta and students in his Motion Graphics Essentials, C4D and After Effects course are getting in on the cold-weather fun. For an assignment from lifestyle magazine Complex, the class took photographs from its snowboarding feature article “Powder Limits” and transformed the still images into animated videos.
The five resulting motion graphics videos—created by Andrei Dan, Jordana Ferraro, Ryan Gottilla, Aleksander Ivanov, Honkit Lam, Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano, Nak Kyu Oh, Hyun Jung Ra and Andy Rifken—have been posted on the Complex Web site, and readers are invited to cast votes for their favorites (click here). The video that garners the most votes will become the “official” version that runs alongside the “Powder Limits” article, and the creators of the winning work will be hired by Complex for a job in 2009.
Image: Brandon Lori, Edwin Lozano and Andy Rifken, still from “Powder Limits” video (detail), 2008.
- Watch the first trailer for #SkateKitchen from director and #SVA alum @CrystalMoselle (BFA 2010 Film and Video).… https://t.co/TwrOPNPank about 34 minutes ago
- [email protected]: A Workshop to Help Artists Sell Their Work featuring #SVA alum and workshop speaker Dana James (BF… https://t.co/mGJyM2bf5v about 47 minutes ago
- RT @daniel_zender: I made some bootleg shirts and patches and they are available here: https://t.co/sOX74caxCn https://t.co/OPupC3JPEE about 53 minutes ago
- RT @ToddRadom: #NationalSelfieDay https://t.co/SrUsitKnNk about 1 hour ago
- We have exciting updates from faculty members Natalya Balnova and Viktor Koen. https://t.co/Le1IQ0RFW5 about 1 hour ago
- Reinventing themselves and resisting Nazi occupation: the French surrealists Claude Cahun and her lover Marcel Moor… https://t.co/BKvbovubbW about 1 hour ago
- RT @ToddRadom: Something for everyone in there-thanks, Megan! https://t.co/1y7PaYppEn about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]