A pair of not-to-miss photography events is coming to the SVA campus in the latter half of November. First, the Camera Club of New York (CCNY) presents a talk by Larry Fink. During his 40-year career as a photographer, curator and former SVA faculty member, Fink has shown widely, including exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art and the Whitney Museum of American Art, and his work has appeared in major newspapers and magazines such as GQ, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair. Fink will talk about his work on Thursday, November 20, 7pm, at 209 East 23rd Street, 3rd-floor amphitheater. This event is free to CCNY members, SVA students, faculty and staff; general admission is $10; $5 for other students with ID.
The following day, the MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department will hold its annual Fall Salon. The event is an informal opportunity to view students’ works in progress and meet the artists. The Salon takes place on Friday, November 21, 7 – 9pm, at 214 East 21st Street, 1st floor. This event is free and open to the public.
- RT @MFAVN: Abigael Puritz (Class of 2020) gets Antoine Revoy @AntoineRevoy as a mentor! Read more about this amazing writer/illustrator o… about 1 hour ago
- N.R.A. to Pull Image of Sculpture From Its Video https://t.co/C6ReCrd9AM about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Instagram comics about using instagram https://t.co/9seX0MywdI via @AIGAeyeondesign https://t.co/U66LsCVkHv about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: The priority deadline will be here before you know it. Apply early to secure your place in the masters program for creative le… about 5 hours ago
- Awesome! Download Over 325 Free Art Books From the Getty Museum https://t.co/GfKg9cKXFN about 5 hours ago
- @coolartcorner Nice stuff! about 6 hours ago in reply to coolartcorner
- RT @coolartcorner: hehe guess i should also introduce myself? I’m bengly!! im an SVA student and I study animation and love drawing color… about 6 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]