A pair of not-to-miss photography events is coming to the SVA campus in the latter half of November. First, the Camera Club of New York (CCNY) presents a talk by Larry Fink. During his 40-year career as a photographer, curator and former SVA faculty member, Fink has shown widely, including exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art and the Whitney Museum of American Art, and his work has appeared in major newspapers and magazines such as GQ, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair. Fink will talk about his work on Thursday, November 20, 7pm, at 209 East 23rd Street, 3rd-floor amphitheater. This event is free to CCNY members, SVA students, faculty and staff; general admission is $10; $5 for other students with ID.
The following day, the MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department will hold its annual Fall Salon. The event is an informal opportunity to view students’ works in progress and meet the artists. The Salon takes place on Friday, November 21, 7 – 9pm, at 214 East 21st Street, 1st floor. This event is free and open to the public.
- For the past decade or so, Mark van Wageningen has been investigating the possibilities of adding color to the conv… https://t.co/kx9n0IkfoV about 23 minutes ago
- 20 Best Photo to Pencil Drawing Effect Actions for Photoshop https://t.co/vhUYJUOai4 #drawings #illustration #photoshop about 49 minutes ago
- Apple Created an Ode to the Trials and Triumphs of Creating on a Mac - there's joy in the process https://t.co/aHlPDhqGv8 #art #computers about 1 hour ago
- The Introspection Illusion https://t.co/xpNaQgx0uq about 18 hours ago
- RT @NYPhotoSalon: Tonight, come see great work! #nyphotosalon #nyc #svanyc https://t.co/dmlXvAhFek about 19 hours ago
- BFA Illustration faculty member @edelstudio contributes to @tmagazine's "13 Artists On: Immigration" feature:… https://t.co/BFHl6XhWIA about 19 hours ago
- No, that viral photo is not just like a Renaissance painting. An art historian weighs in https://t.co/Uayqf7MqyC about 19 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]