A pair of not-to-miss photography events is coming to the SVA campus in the latter half of November. First, the Camera Club of New York (CCNY) presents a talk by Larry Fink. During his 40-year career as a photographer, curator and former SVA faculty member, Fink has shown widely, including exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art and the Whitney Museum of American Art, and his work has appeared in major newspapers and magazines such as GQ, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair. Fink will talk about his work on Thursday, November 20, 7pm, at 209 East 23rd Street, 3rd-floor amphitheater. This event is free to CCNY members, SVA students, faculty and staff; general admission is $10; $5 for other students with ID.
The following day, the MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department will hold its annual Fall Salon. The event is an informal opportunity to view students’ works in progress and meet the artists. The Salon takes place on Friday, November 21, 7 – 9pm, at 214 East 21st Street, 1st floor. This event is free and open to the public.
- “Boo-wave” Halloween Decorations for Goth and Post-Punk Music Fans https://t.co/FYfH47uY7U about 1 hour ago
- RT @edelstudio: I’m part of this exhibit that is opening on October 11th, 6-8pm, at the SVA Chelsea Gallery in NYC. Free and open to the pu… about 1 hour ago
- Wut? The Bizarre Story Behind These Sensual Photos of Women and Bears https://t.co/3lVHiH09uR https://t.co/YUqxbkZ66H about 1 hour ago
- These #StevenUniverse/#ASofterWorld Mashups Are Perfect https://t.co/8ueibe3AKR about 2 hours ago
- This Artist Reimagines Classic Paintings With God As A Black Woman And They're Beautiful https://t.co/pitvHmxWHd about 3 hours ago
- When Art Created by Artificial Intelligence Sells, Who Gets Paid? https://t.co/hCqIO3ZeH1 about 19 hours ago
- RT @thedailyheller: "tiny trump" is artist + designer @ericcorriel‘s response to the current political climate. A crowd-sourced public art… about 19 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]