A pair of not-to-miss photography events is coming to the SVA campus in the latter half of November. First, the Camera Club of New York (CCNY) presents a talk by Larry Fink. During his 40-year career as a photographer, curator and former SVA faculty member, Fink has shown widely, including exhibitions at the Museum of Modern Art and the Whitney Museum of American Art, and his work has appeared in major newspapers and magazines such as GQ, The New Yorker and Vanity Fair. Fink will talk about his work on Thursday, November 20, 7pm, at 209 East 23rd Street, 3rd-floor amphitheater. This event is free to CCNY members, SVA students, faculty and staff; general admission is $10; $5 for other students with ID.
The following day, the MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department will hold its annual Fall Salon. The event is an informal opportunity to view students’ works in progress and meet the artists. The Salon takes place on Friday, November 21, 7 – 9pm, at 214 East 21st Street, 1st floor. This event is free and open to the public.
- RT @MFAVN: Draft & Draw | Bring yourself, your appetite, and your supplies. There's no need to bring your sketchbook. Your canvas for the e… about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: See 12 design entrepreneurs present their ideas at Venture Forum: Design and Discovery #venture18 @SVA_News @svatheatre h… about 11 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Last chance to check out "Mentors"! This exhibition closes Tuesday, March 27. On view now at SVA Chelsea Gallery, 601 Wes… about 11 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Filmmakers, join our friends at @nyfacurrent for an Apr. 4 workshop w/ @JimJimfyfe, who will share practical techniques for net… about 11 hours ago
- RT @buzelli: Portrait of Wes Anderson and a movie review of his new film ISLE OF DOGS for @newrepublic - oil on board/15"x20" https://t.co/… about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Social design is the application of design principles to solve for complex human problems. Learn about it in DSI's FREE online… about 12 hours ago
- RT @candsjoy: I want to be like Spike. https://t.co/PIFUbakMJi @Adweek @appleidinesh about 13 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]