The work of some SVA alumni is showing up in two big movies on the fall slate of feature films. Alumnus Jeff Joe (MFA 1997 Computer Art) is one of the animators behind the new hit movie Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. The film is the sequel to the 2005 hit Madagascar, and employs the voice talents of Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Ben Stiller and others to tell the story of animals who have escaped from New York City’s Central Park Zoo and end up in the African wilderness. Escape 2 Africa is currently showing in theaters.
Just after the Thanksgiving holiday, the award-winning cinematography of Harris Savides (BFA 1982 Film and Video) will be back on the big screen in Milk, a biopic of politician Harvey Milk that opens on Friday, December 5. Directed by Savides’ long-time filmmaking partner Gus Van Sant, Milk tells the story of California’s first openly gay elected official, with Sean Penn taking on the title role.
- RT @Savageartist: Thank you @BKLYNlibrary for hosting my visit to PS 139 in Brooklyn this morning. Special thanks to Cortelyou branch libra… about 14 minutes ago
- The Tools of the Future: Here Now: The Visible Futures Lab (VFL) at #SVA is one of those rare creative spaces where… https://t.co/Kx2tm1M8xf about 16 minutes ago
- Join @SVADestinations at the #CannesFilmFestival! Come spend a week on the beautiful French Rivera and experience a… https://t.co/1igYK8L6v1 about 56 minutes ago
- #KeithHaring on How to Be an Artist https://t.co/DbTEHAAfMT about 1 hour ago
- Edward Hemingway (MFA 2002 Illustration; @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT) discusses his new Christmas children's book "Tough Cooki… https://t.co/9uNBFTFQvw about 1 hour ago
- RT @stevebrodner: Blind contour drawing has become a big part of teaching for me. It often unleashes the spontaneous, unexpected truth. I t… about 1 hour ago
- RT @MFAVN: Story First! Have questions about our MFA for visual storytellers and authors with a visual bent? Then ask Nathan Fox *Chair, @M… about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]