The work of some SVA alumni is showing up in two big movies on the fall slate of feature films. Alumnus Jeff Joe (MFA 1997 Computer Art) is one of the animators behind the new hit movie Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. The film is the sequel to the 2005 hit Madagascar, and employs the voice talents of Chris Rock, David Schwimmer, Ben Stiller and others to tell the story of animals who have escaped from New York City’s Central Park Zoo and end up in the African wilderness. Escape 2 Africa is currently showing in theaters.
Just after the Thanksgiving holiday, the award-winning cinematography of Harris Savides (BFA 1982 Film and Video) will be back on the big screen in Milk, a biopic of politician Harvey Milk that opens on Friday, December 5. Directed by Savides’ long-time filmmaking partner Gus Van Sant, Milk tells the story of California’s first openly gay elected official, with Sean Penn taking on the title role.
- A peek into the sketchbooks of @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT faculty member/alumnus Carol Fabricatore, whose work is currently o… https://t.co/q1cw2gwwox 12:26:41 PM December 11, 2017
- RT @NYPDnews: Update from @FDNY regarding injuries at 42nd St. and 8th Ave. #PortAuthority https://t.co/IzZmg63kzr 09:25:26 AM December 11, 2017
- Stay clear of Times Square area, trains bypassing Port Authority. https://t.co/SRXj2MUD9B 09:03:21 AM December 11, 2017
- RT @artwritingSVA: SVA on View at #MiamiArtWeek2017! Alumna Emma Drew (@emedrew, Class of 2017) writes about @SVAgalleries in collaboration… 12:03:35 PM December 09, 2017
- RT @SVADSI: Download the 2017 MFA Design for Social Innovation brochure: https://t.co/chsCUQTDXY https://t.co/sOJkAjDeh2 09:32:28 AM December 09, 2017
- RT @SVA_MFACA: Congratulations to MFACA alumni Jihyeon Bae, Ninaad Kulkarni, Farhana Hossian and Ching-Tien Chu who all won prizes at the 2… 04:14:39 PM December 08, 2017
- Artsy includes Trish Tillman (MFA 2009 Fine Arts) in its list of 10 emerging artists to discover at the Untitled Ar… https://t.co/hAqNI1ojhG 09:39:06 AM December 08, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]