Two seniors in the BFA Advertising and Graphic Design Department, Victoria Abrami and Krzysztof Piatkowski, are bringing a class project to the streets of New York. Hope: Give Yours features a bright yellow box that is popping up around the city, with a request that people write down their hopes and deposit them. The contributions will be used as part of work that the students are doing at local homeless shelters and soup kitchens. They’re being mentored in this project by faculty member and alumnus Lara McCormick (MFA 2007 Design), who has also applied her design skills to community service-oriented projects.
According to the artists, offering hope to those in need is important because, “there are a vast number of resources in New York City for those seeking food and shelter, [but] love and motivation are hard to come by.” The next scheduled Hope location is Lower Manhattan’s Foley Square, located between Centre and Lafayette Streets, on Friday, November 14, from 12 noon – 5pm. In addition, submissions of text, photography, video or other media can be sent online at any time to [email protected].
- [email protected]'s 10 fave pieces from Miami Art Week includes @SVANYCalumni @KAWS_KAWS https://t.co/eoQVjxlFOo https://t.co/CmlWy0KJrd about 6 minutes ago
- RT @Savageartist: Thank you @BKLYNlibrary for hosting my visit to PS 139 in Brooklyn this morning. Special thanks to Cortelyou branch libra… about 18 minutes ago
- The Tools of the Future: Here Now: The Visible Futures Lab (VFL) at #SVA is one of those rare creative spaces where… https://t.co/Kx2tm1M8xf about 20 minutes ago
- Join @SVADestinations at the #CannesFilmFestival! Come spend a week on the beautiful French Rivera and experience a… https://t.co/1igYK8L6v1 about 1 hour ago
- #KeithHaring on How to Be an Artist https://t.co/DbTEHAAfMT about 1 hour ago
- Edward Hemingway (MFA 2002 Illustration; @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT) discusses his new Christmas children's book "Tough Cooki… https://t.co/9uNBFTFQvw about 1 hour ago
- RT @stevebrodner: Blind contour drawing has become a big part of teaching for me. It often unleashes the spontaneous, unexpected truth. I t… about 1 hour ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]