Dillon McCarthy, a third-year student in the BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department, recently wrapped up his participation in MTV’s Engine Room Challenge. MTV and Hewlett-Packard brought together four teams of digital artists from around the world to New York City to compete in a series of creative challenges. McCarthy was one of four members of team North America, which went up against teams from Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The teams worked their way through various tasks, including making a digital mash-up of multiple pop songs and designing an original tattoo. The results of each week’s challenges were posted online as they happened.
After seven weeks and seven challenges, the points have been tallied and McCarthy’s North America team earned a third-place finish. To see his portfolio and all seven episodes of Engine Room Challenge online, visit mtvengineroom.com.
- RT @artsy: Arts-focused field trips may boost standardized test scores, new research finds: https://t.co/HIoQ32up95 https://t.co/VqGbCBdKx5 about 9 hours ago
- RT @SVATypeLab: Latest obsession: The Herb Lubalin Study Center and Readymag have launched ‘Lubalin 100’—a site of “100 things over 100 day… about 12 hours ago
- RT @artsy: Why the art market’s simplest form of transparency fell out of favor: https://t.co/eLXb5udGPF https://t.co/Gm4djMozH3 about 12 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Artist talk by Jane Hammond, who has spent over a decade creating a surreal series of photographic collages, as part o… about 13 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Catch up with designer Darren Melchiorre MFAD'07 https://t.co/7br7hmTwMZ @RoticDesign @SVAalumni #AlumniSpotlight @SVA_Ne… about 13 hours ago
- The Albertina opens a large-scale exhibition of works by #SVA's #KeithHaring https://t.co/mUoNrXTgaM about 14 hours ago
- It looks like #Banksy has returned to NYC. https://t.co/QBqpnsuDgE via @hyperallergic about 15 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]