Dillon McCarthy, a third-year student in the BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department, recently wrapped up his participation in MTV’s Engine Room Challenge. MTV and Hewlett-Packard brought together four teams of digital artists from around the world to New York City to compete in a series of creative challenges. McCarthy was one of four members of team North America, which went up against teams from Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The teams worked their way through various tasks, including making a digital mash-up of multiple pop songs and designing an original tattoo. The results of each week’s challenges were posted online as they happened.
After seven weeks and seven challenges, the points have been tallied and McCarthy’s North America team earned a third-place finish. To see his portfolio and all seven episodes of Engine Room Challenge online, visit mtvengineroom.com.
- Watch the first trailer for #SkateKitchen from director and #SVA alum @CrystalMoselle (BFA 2010 Film and Video).… https://t.co/TwrOPNPank about 33 minutes ago
- [email protected]: A Workshop to Help Artists Sell Their Work featuring #SVA alum and workshop speaker Dana James (BF… https://t.co/mGJyM2bf5v about 45 minutes ago
- RT @daniel_zender: I made some bootleg shirts and patches and they are available here: https://t.co/sOX74caxCn https://t.co/OPupC3JPEE about 52 minutes ago
- RT @ToddRadom: #NationalSelfieDay https://t.co/SrUsitKnNk about 1 hour ago
- We have exciting updates from faculty members Natalya Balnova and Viktor Koen. https://t.co/Le1IQ0RFW5 about 1 hour ago
- Reinventing themselves and resisting Nazi occupation: the French surrealists Claude Cahun and her lover Marcel Moor… https://t.co/BKvbovubbW about 1 hour ago
- RT @ToddRadom: Something for everyone in there-thanks, Megan! https://t.co/1y7PaYppEn about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]