Dillon McCarthy, a third-year student in the BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects Department, recently wrapped up his participation in MTV’s Engine Room Challenge. MTV and Hewlett-Packard brought together four teams of digital artists from around the world to New York City to compete in a series of creative challenges. McCarthy was one of four members of team North America, which went up against teams from Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The teams worked their way through various tasks, including making a digital mash-up of multiple pop songs and designing an original tattoo. The results of each week’s challenges were posted online as they happened.
After seven weeks and seven challenges, the points have been tallied and McCarthy’s North America team earned a third-place finish. To see his portfolio and all seven episodes of Engine Room Challenge online, visit mtvengineroom.com.
- A peek into the sketchbooks of @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT faculty member/alumnus Carol Fabricatore, whose work is currently o… https://t.co/q1cw2gwwox 12:26:41 PM December 11, 2017
- RT @NYPDnews: Update from @FDNY regarding injuries at 42nd St. and 8th Ave. #PortAuthority https://t.co/IzZmg63kzr 09:25:26 AM December 11, 2017
- Stay clear of Times Square area, trains bypassing Port Authority. https://t.co/SRXj2MUD9B 09:03:21 AM December 11, 2017
- RT @artwritingSVA: SVA on View at #MiamiArtWeek2017! Alumna Emma Drew (@emedrew, Class of 2017) writes about @SVAgalleries in collaboration… 12:03:35 PM December 09, 2017
- RT @SVADSI: Download the 2017 MFA Design for Social Innovation brochure: https://t.co/chsCUQTDXY https://t.co/sOJkAjDeh2 09:32:28 AM December 09, 2017
- RT @SVA_MFACA: Congratulations to MFACA alumni Jihyeon Bae, Ninaad Kulkarni, Farhana Hossian and Ching-Tien Chu who all won prizes at the 2… 04:14:39 PM December 08, 2017
- Artsy includes Trish Tillman (MFA 2009 Fine Arts) in its list of 10 emerging artists to discover at the Untitled Ar… https://t.co/hAqNI1ojhG 09:39:06 AM December 08, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]