After last year’s successful lecture series at KGB Bar, the MFA Design Criticism Department has a full slate of talks on the SVA campus. Two of the lectures are set to take place in the next couple of weeks: Allan Chochinov, a frequent lecturer on the impact of design on contemporary culture, will give a talk on Tuesday, November 25, entitled Design and the Blog Space. Chochinov is a partner of Core77, a New York-based design network serving a global community of designers and design enthusiasts; editor-in-chief of Core77.com, a widely-read Web site focusing on product design; and an SVA faculty member.
On Tuesday, December 2, the department presents Writing Critical Monographs, featuring educator and critic Pat Kirkham. Kirkham has written extensively on the intersections of design, gender and film and is a professor of design history and cultural studies at the Bard Graduate Center in New York. Both events take place at 6pm at 136 West 21st Street, 2nd floor. The lectures are free and open to the public, but seating is limited at this venue so please RSVP to 212.592.2228 or [email protected].
- Ingeniously Articulated Tattoos Require Bending to See the Full Image https://t.co/IytNMaptpH about 2 minutes ago
- “Boo-wave” Halloween Decorations for Goth and Post-Punk Music Fans https://t.co/FYfH47uY7U about 1 hour ago
- RT @edelstudio: I’m part of this exhibit that is opening on October 11th, 6-8pm, at the SVA Chelsea Gallery in NYC. Free and open to the pu… about 1 hour ago
- Wut? The Bizarre Story Behind These Sensual Photos of Women and Bears https://t.co/3lVHiH09uR https://t.co/YUqxbkZ66H about 1 hour ago
- These #StevenUniverse/#ASofterWorld Mashups Are Perfect https://t.co/8ueibe3AKR about 2 hours ago
- This Artist Reimagines Classic Paintings With God As A Black Woman And They're Beautiful https://t.co/pitvHmxWHd about 3 hours ago
- When Art Created by Artificial Intelligence Sells, Who Gets Paid? https://t.co/hCqIO3ZeH1 about 19 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to n[email protected]