After last year’s successful lecture series at KGB Bar, the MFA Design Criticism Department has a full slate of talks on the SVA campus. Two of the lectures are set to take place in the next couple of weeks: Allan Chochinov, a frequent lecturer on the impact of design on contemporary culture, will give a talk on Tuesday, November 25, entitled Design and the Blog Space. Chochinov is a partner of Core77, a New York-based design network serving a global community of designers and design enthusiasts; editor-in-chief of Core77.com, a widely-read Web site focusing on product design; and an SVA faculty member.
On Tuesday, December 2, the department presents Writing Critical Monographs, featuring educator and critic Pat Kirkham. Kirkham has written extensively on the intersections of design, gender and film and is a professor of design history and cultural studies at the Bard Graduate Center in New York. Both events take place at 6pm at 136 West 21st Street, 2nd floor. The lectures are free and open to the public, but seating is limited at this venue so please RSVP to 212.592.2228 or [email protected].
- RT @NYPDnews: Update from @FDNY regarding injuries at 42nd St. and 8th Ave. #PortAuthority https://t.co/IzZmg63kzr about 2 hours ago
- Stay clear of Times Square area, trains bypassing Port Authority. https://t.co/SRXj2MUD9B about 2 hours ago
- RT @artwritingSVA: SVA on View at #MiamiArtWeek2017! Alumna Emma Drew (@emedrew, Class of 2017) writes about @SVAgalleries in collaboration… 12:03:35 PM December 09, 2017
- RT @SVADSI: Download the 2017 MFA Design for Social Innovation brochure: https://t.co/chsCUQTDXY https://t.co/sOJkAjDeh2 09:32:28 AM December 09, 2017
- RT @SVA_MFACA: Congratulations to MFACA alumni Jihyeon Bae, Ninaad Kulkarni, Farhana Hossian and Ching-Tien Chu who all won prizes at the 2… 04:14:39 PM December 08, 2017
- Artsy includes Trish Tillman (MFA 2009 Fine Arts) in its list of 10 emerging artists to discover at the Untitled Ar… https://t.co/hAqNI1ojhG 09:39:06 AM December 08, 2017
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Tonight Photographer and Humanitarian Alison Wright on the Human Tribe and Why We Go On. @AwrightPhoto #SVANYC 209 E 2… 04:45:31 PM December 07, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]