After last year’s successful lecture series at KGB Bar, the MFA Design Criticism Department has a full slate of talks on the SVA campus. Two of the lectures are set to take place in the next couple of weeks: Allan Chochinov, a frequent lecturer on the impact of design on contemporary culture, will give a talk on Tuesday, November 25, entitled Design and the Blog Space. Chochinov is a partner of Core77, a New York-based design network serving a global community of designers and design enthusiasts; editor-in-chief of Core77.com, a widely-read Web site focusing on product design; and an SVA faculty member.
On Tuesday, December 2, the department presents Writing Critical Monographs, featuring educator and critic Pat Kirkham. Kirkham has written extensively on the intersections of design, gender and film and is a professor of design history and cultural studies at the Bard Graduate Center in New York. Both events take place at 6pm at 136 West 21st Street, 2nd floor. The lectures are free and open to the public, but seating is limited at this venue so please RSVP to 212.592.2228 or [email protected].
- For the past decade or so, Mark van Wageningen has been investigating the possibilities of adding color to the conv… https://t.co/kx9n0IkfoV about 22 minutes ago
- 20 Best Photo to Pencil Drawing Effect Actions for Photoshop https://t.co/vhUYJUOai4 #drawings #illustration #photoshop about 48 minutes ago
- Apple Created an Ode to the Trials and Triumphs of Creating on a Mac - there's joy in the process https://t.co/aHlPDhqGv8 #art #computers about 1 hour ago
- The Introspection Illusion https://t.co/xpNaQgx0uq about 18 hours ago
- RT @NYPhotoSalon: Tonight, come see great work! #nyphotosalon #nyc #svanyc https://t.co/dmlXvAhFek about 19 hours ago
- BFA Illustration faculty member @edelstudio contributes to @tmagazine's "13 Artists On: Immigration" feature:… https://t.co/BFHl6XhWIA about 19 hours ago
- No, that viral photo is not just like a Renaissance painting. An art historian weighs in https://t.co/Uayqf7MqyC about 19 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]