The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- Lecture by @SurvivingSandy artist Gary Stephan tonight at 7, 136 W 22 St http://t.co/l1WVA9FWmK cc: @deveningprjcts @TheBrooklynRail about 12 hours ago
- SVA alumnus and faculty member TM Davy featured on @1stdibs http://t.co/05CxAVxiFj cc: @SVAfinearts @SVAIllusCart about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVAalumni: SVA Alumnus Katherine Bernhardt's show with Youssef Jdia @TheHoleNYC! @SVA_News http://t.co/NvGG7fWEHs 06:08:32 PM December 10, 2013
- Tonight at SVA: Loring Knoblauch on contemporary & vintage photography markets http://t.co/p28gIeIytl cc: @SVADigitalPhoto @CollectorDaily 04:26:32 PM December 10, 2013
- New solo exhibition by @SVAMFAFineArts alum Sarah Sze @fabricworkshop http://t.co/tx3WO5Jlik cc: @SVAalumni @artfcity 03:03:50 PM December 10, 2013
- Design historian Amy Ogata on 'Design, Creativity and Postwar American Childhood' tonight at SVA http://t.co/rn2VdQKEXp cc: @DCrit 12:01:04 PM December 10, 2013
- Q&A with Susan Brundage on the early days of curating at SVA http://t.co/fsCtCjPHWS cc: @SVAgalleries 11:15:35 AM December 10, 2013