The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- .@SVAMFAFineArts faculty A.K. Burns and @SVAalumni Anna Sew Hoy and @ghanimariam awarded 2015 @creativecap Grants http://t.co/RYQPYRH7hY about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Tomorrow 1/30 is the last day to see 'Fix!' at SVA Gramercy Gallery. http://t.co/2RnKW0NBSS cc. @SVA_News @SVADSI http://… about 15 hours ago
- Check out these photos from the @SVAFASHIONPHOTO graduate exhibition reception @MilkStudios http://t.co/YNSHVFe2nj http://t.co/wAvOip2lNk about 16 hours ago
- Check out this slideshow of artwork by SVA faculty member Keith Mayerson http://t.co/VNfXedlfyI http://t.co/mqNuzOb1Sd about 17 hours ago
- .@artsy spotlight on @SVABFAPHOTO and @mfaphotovideo faculty member @penelopeumbrico http://t.co/KKBDGatAV2 http://t.co/iTg803mpXf about 18 hours ago
- Tonight: @SVAcuratorial presents In Situ: A Project by Cheryl Wing-Zi Wong and @CliffordOwens http://t.co/Kkmn0XEMtS cc: @cdiggitydawg about 19 hours ago
- RT @SVAcuratorial: What does it mean about the present that we are focused on reiteratively working through the past?http://t.co/Dh8l68WvaE… 04:00:31 PM January 28, 2015