The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- Just in time for Halloween: Master pumpkin carver and SVA alumnus @ray_villafane http://t.co/Cd3vhdherQ cc: @SVAalumni @NYBG about 16 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT: Day 5 of installing We Tell Stories begins. A look at Viktor Koen's snowboards to start your day.… http://t.co/0a5Pwr… about 17 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: Class of 1996 @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT @WBedrosian @iotacons @riccardovecchio hangin' with the Master. @SVAalumni http://t.co/hCK… about 17 hours ago
- .@SVAMFADesign Co-chair Steven Heller discusses 'Isle of The Dead' @FishkoFiles http://t.co/yDVnhFqeU9 cc: @WNYC #Halloween about 17 hours ago
- .@designboom spotlight on @SVAfinearts alumnus Christopher Schanck http://t.co/DvSlak7TeG cc: @AlmineRech @SVAalumni about 17 hours ago
- RT @the_artifice: The Art of Milton Glaser: To Inform and Delight http://t.co/gF1low5cGB #MiltonGlaser #Arts about 17 hours ago
- RT @DustyFestival: Interview with 2014 Dusty presenter Michael Cuesta's (SVA BFA 1985) in @BostonGlobe. @killthemess2014 theaters now - htt… about 20 hours ago