The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- Don't miss: @SVAcuratorial hosts seven curators on the rise in conversation: The Younger than Jesus Effect 9/16 http://t.co/odWWrVopIk 01:59:04 PM August 29, 2014
- Labor Day Reminder: SVA closes at 1pm today for the holiday weekend, w/ exception of previously scheduled classes, and reopens at 9am Tue. 11:03:01 AM August 29, 2014
- RT @svatheatre: 10th Screening added! #Rio2 on 9/20, followed by @blueskystudios Q+A: #BringTheKids http://t.co/UXffMybpFr #AfterSchoolSpec… 10:33:12 AM August 29, 2014
- SVA's Milton Glaser discusses the #itsnotwarming campaign and past work with @HuffPostLive http://t.co/6qSnNWu046 cc:@MiltonGlaserInc 10:32:52 AM August 29, 2014
- .@SVAalumni advance to finals in 2014 @Adobe Design Achievement Awards http://t.co/jcPHi5dCri cc: @SVAMFADesign @sva_computerart @SVA_MFACA 04:14:37 PM August 27, 2014
- .@WeAreBoCo project by @SVAMFADesign student @jfresneda featured @PSFK http://t.co/uatmmFX2fY 03:26:09 PM August 27, 2014
- RT @ItsNotWarming: Exclusive video: @MiltonGlaserInc discusses his new climate change awareness campaign #itsnotwarming http://t.co/yFIL3wB… 02:35:58 PM August 27, 2014