The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- RT @SVAAdmissions: #SVAOpenHouse tomorrow featuring #Design, #Advertising, #Animation at @svatheatre. Tour our studio facilities! http://t.… about 7 hours ago
- Q&A with SVA faculty member and @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT alum Yuko Shimizu http://t.co/GxpJjRGQI4 #WeTellStoriesSVA cc: @yukoart @SVAalumni about 9 hours ago
- .@WIRED profile on @mfaphotovideo alumnus @amy_stein http://t.co/J0rjjPB7da cc: @SVAalumni about 10 hours ago
- RT @SVAalumni: Have you seen it yet? Check out the latest short by alumni @JohnMa2z and @ManwiththePlanz #Zerogon http://t.co/tY5EdjEfvn cc… about 10 hours ago
- .@LAWeekly calls @svaixd alumnus @nsylianteng the 'potential savior of L.A.'s parking signs' http://t.co/6qAXQ2tISD cc: @SVAalumni about 10 hours ago
- Check out these illustrations @VICE by @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT alumnus @matt_rota http://t.co/TwQbYeg5tG cc: @SVAalumni about 11 hours ago
- RT @SVAalumni: This week's #FridayPortfolio features @SVAMFAFineArts alumnus @brianrutenberg http://t.co/WtBmpRJ8rr cc: @SVA_News http://t.… about 13 hours ago