The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- .@SVAMFADesign alumnus @donicaida wins 2014 @Adobe Design Achievement Award http://t.co/HINQscFiWH cc: @adobeawards @SVAalumni 02:43:18 PM September 19, 2014
- RT @CenCom: Tonight! #AfterSchoolSpecial kicks off with screenings of @Power_Starz and @Avengers at @svatheatre. http://t.co/P2ydjcZJef 01:27:40 PM September 19, 2014
- RT @Savageartist: WHERE'S WALRUS? is a colorful classic. Thanks @AptTherapy! I'm blushing bright red SW6867. http://t.co/nDUA77IDpX @SVA_Ne… 01:26:05 PM September 19, 2014
- RT @BobGiraldi: We're so excited to welcome SVA Alum Gillian Robespierre today to speak with us about being a successful feature... http://… 01:25:02 PM September 19, 2014
- Reception for 'The Matricide (An Artificial Grammar for Nature)' this Sat., 9/20 http://t.co/pvb2iStGxi cc: @svaartpractice @SVAcuratorial 01:12:44 PM September 19, 2014
- RT @PrattInstitute: Want some #art w/ your Friday? Check out the lineup of today's free, public talks at #Pratt's Questioning Aesthetics ht… 01:03:24 PM September 19, 2014
- RT @SVAalumni: .@SVABFAPHOTO alumnus @PhotoYourHeart featured in @tmagazine http://t.co/Z3DpPAREhf cc: @SVA_News 12:12:37 PM September 19, 2014