The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- Studio visit and profile on SVA alum Kenny Scharf @arrestedmotion http://t.co/QHw9G77IOy cc: @honor_fraser @SVAalumni http://t.co/UAblYoId7U about 43 minutes ago
- Check out this video of SVA faculty @sagmeisterwalsh in '60s-style outfits remixing @Adobe's logo @CreativeBloq http://t.co/CT66jdUl9C about 2 hours ago
- RT @SusanGiosa: #Inspiring young #film makers & #Animators from @SVA_News @ the #STANDARD HOTEL in #LA on Wed. All invited @sagaftra http:/… about 2 hours ago
- Brandon Michael Hall, one soon-to-be alumnus SVA is exhibiting March 5-8 @PULSEArtFair http://t.co/qfYxZE8F6t http://t.co/de7K7fsrsf about 2 hours ago
- RT @SVAOLT: WATCH digital pioneer @DanBurkholderNY talk #digitaltoanalog & #iphonephotography apps http://t.co/iZCjtZVb11 @SVA_News @SVAdig… about 2 hours ago
- SVA's March 2015 Calendar of Events http://t.co/fPZSy4Qog4 cc: @SVAalumni @SVAgalleries @SVABFAPHOTO http://t.co/ZjG4FSV2Bh about 21 hours ago
- Fiorella Gonzales-Vigil Mohme, one soon-to-be alumnus SVA is exhibiting March 5-8 at #PULSEnewyork http://t.co/huQXwdQcGM cc: @SVAgalleries about 23 hours ago