The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- Striking photographs by @SVABFAPHOTO alum Amy Elkins featured @JuxtapozMag http://t.co/COqFJd5e8O cc: @amyelkinsphoto @SVAalumni about 41 minutes ago
- MFA Visual Narrative Open Studios today from 4-8pm at SVA http://t.co/eypnCKgg01 cc: @MFAVN @nathanfoxy about 1 hour ago
- RT @SVAalumni: BK illustrator @melody_newcomb in this week's #FridayPortfolio http://t.co/Vbmbcr4Eye cc: @SVA_News @SVAIllusCart http://t.c… about 2 hours ago
- SVA subway posters take center stage at European design forum http://t.co/d5uldBPHIn cc: @AFD_designers @SVAgalleries @MirkoIlicCorp about 3 hours ago
- RT @elizabethavedon: SVA MPS DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Book+Branding Class of 2014. Part II http://t.co/Tx16aV6eEH about 22 hours ago
- RT @SVA_Residencies: Provost Jeff Nesin checking out final work from the inaugural #typographyaslanguage residency!#typography @SVA_News ht… about 22 hours ago
- Video: Check out this Q&A with SVA alum @Jeff_Mednikow, director of DC Nation Green Arrow http://t.co/86jHq9Slj9 cc: @DCComics @SVAalumni 02:17:09 PM July 24, 2014