The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- Photos of takeoffs and landings by @mfaphotovideo alumnus Kevin Cooley featured @NewYorker http://t.co/v66s2vTvez cc: @SVAalumni about 16 hours ago
- SVA @DustyFestival at 25: Q&A with alumnus Kaukab Basheer http://t.co/ztpT9R5rJw cc: @SVAfilmvideo @SVAalumni about 17 hours ago
- BFA Interior Design thesis exhibition reception tonight at the Art Directors Club Gallery http://t.co/A5l7xxcIfn cc: @SVA_ID about 21 hours ago
- .@archigramsny project by @svaixd student Michie Cao featured @flavorwire http://t.co/34ejJwQqrL cc: @komichiewa about 21 hours ago
- Whitney Biennial 2014: Spotlight on Amy Sillman http://t.co/VF146j7Djv cc: @SVAfinearts @whitneymuseum @ICAinBOSTON @SVAalumni about 22 hours ago
- New posts on our @tumblr page! http://t.co/6Fdw4cFmAK cc: @kurohani @erinillustrates @LilyPadula @kellylovelu @yukoart 05:13:05 PM April 16, 2014
- SVA alum illustrates memoirs of civil rights legend @repjohnlewis http://t.co/8JbNWONOHn cc: @Nate_Powell_Art @andrewaydin @SVAalumni 02:26:03 PM April 16, 2014