The New Museum and the mint-makers at Altoids have joined forces to create a new prize for American artists, and SVA alumnus Ei Arakawa (BFA 2004 Fine Arts) is one of four inaugural winners. Arakawa—who works with numerous participants, combining dance, improvised actions and objects to create a genre of performance that he calls “Market”—was selected from a pool of 46 nominees by a jury composed of artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Rirkrit Tiravanija. He will receive a $25,000 cash prize and, along with the three other winners, will have work displayed in an exhibition at The New Museum, 235 Bowery, from June 25 – October 12.
- SVA alumnus Jonathan Bartlett illustrates 'The Army as a Work in Progress' http://t.co/qarV91SLEu cc:@seejbdraw about 15 hours ago
- Tonight from 6 - 8! Guilt By Association: Participant Zine Launch featuring 14 @svaartpractice artists http://t.co/tqb9IacrRq about 15 hours ago
- SVA's Asi Burak discusses the social impact video game "Peacemaker." http://t.co/ROvHk60Maw cc: @SVADSI @Kotaku @aburak 02:58:40 PM July 29, 2014
- SVA alumnus Patricia Voulgaris featured on http://t.co/J23kXyfsAj. http://t.co/L8TZCiXogq cc: @JuxtapozMag @SVABFAPHOTO 01:42:33 PM July 29, 2014
- New exhibition by SVA's @marktribe featured in Washington City Paper. http://t.co/EdLUBKzfpz cc: @SVAMFAFineArts @wcp 12:10:04 PM July 28, 2014
- 'The logo genius': SVA's Ivan Chermayeff featured @guardian http://t.co/w1MzU9YdMA cc: @SVA_AdvDesign @CGHNYC 04:55:34 PM July 25, 2014
- Screening: @svaartpractice presents '(Not) Here, (Not) Now' @Videology in Brooklyn http://t.co/RYdkwtHqwP cc: @marktribe 03:48:12 PM July 25, 2014