- LAST CHANCE: “Spark,” a selection of thesis projects from MFA Design Department students, curated by Dorothy Twining Globus; and “Selected Works from MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Thesis Projects,” an exhibition of departmental thesis work, curated by David Sandlin. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, through Saturday, May 20.
- LAST CHANCE: “BFA Computer Art Senior Exhibition,” an exhibition featuring computer animation, digital video and interactive media thesis projects by seniors in the BFA Computer Art Department. Westside Gallery, 141 West 21st Street, through Saturday, May 20.
- “Souvenir: The Rest is History,” works by students in the MFA Design Department that capture the spirit of a past event or era with an original 3D display and extensive line of products. The exhibition revisits Lincoln’s assassination, Andy Warhol’s Factory and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s graduation from high school, among other cultural milestones. Curated by Kevin O’Callaghan. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, through Saturday, June 3.
- MFA Computer Art Thesis Exhibition: An exhibition of thesis projects by students in the MFA Computer Art Department, including experimental linear video, networked media, video and visual music installation, experimental non-narrative and narrative 3D animation, and interactive installation and performance. Curated by Russet Lederman. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, May 26 – June 10; Reception: Tuesday, May 30, 6 – 8pm.
- “Doors Mirrors Windows,” A group photography exhibition presenting a variety of contemporary approaches to photographic reality. Ranging from realist to conceptual, the exhibition explores photography as a tool for documentation, self-expression and intellectual inquiry. Curated by Richard Brooks. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, June 10 – 24; Reception: Monday, June 12, 5 – 7pm.
Click here for more information about SVA exhibitions.
Image: Brian E. Smith, Nimbus: Go in the Dark, 2006; from “Spark.”