- LAST CHANCE: “Mentors,” an exhibition of works by 56 graduating photography students inspired by their year-long mentorships with leaders in the visual arts. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, through Saturday, April 29.
- LAST CHANCE: “Foundation End of the Year Exhibition,” selected painting and photography by first-year students. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street; and Westside Gallery, 141 West 21st Street, through Saturday, April 29.
- “Spark,” a selection of thesis projects from MFA Design Department students, curated by Dorothy Twining Globus; and “Selected Works from MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Thesis Projects,” an exhibition of departmental thesis work, curated by David Sandlin. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, May 5 – 20; Reception: Monday, May 8, 6 – 8pm.
- “BFA Computer Art Senior Exhibition,” an exhibition featuring computer animation, digital video and interactive media thesis projects by seniors in the BFA Computer Art Department. Westside Gallery, 141 West 21st Street, May 6 – 20; Reception: Monday, May 8, 6 – 8pm (Junior and Senior portfolio presentations will be held, during the reception, on the 2nd and 3rd floors). There will be a screening of thesis work on Wednesday, May 10, at Lincoln Center’s Walter Reade Theater, 70 Lincoln Center Plaza.
- “Souvenir: The Rest is History,” works by students in the MFA Design Department that capture the spirit of a past event or era with an original 3D display and extensive line of products. The exhibition revisits Lincoln’s assassination, Andy Warhol’s Factory and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s graduation from high school, among other cultural milestones. Curated by Kevin O’Callaghan. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, May 10 – June 3; Reception: Monday, May 15, 5 – 8pm.
Click here for more information about SVA exhibitions.
Image: Robert Cass, untitled, 2006; from “Foundation End of the Year Exhibition.”