- “Emerging Artists in Fine Arts: Made in New York at SVA,” a two-part exhibition of selected painting, sculpture, video and printmaking from BFA Fine Arts Department students. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor. Part 1, through Saturday, February 25. Part 2, March 3 – 18; Reception: Tuesday, March 7, 6 – 8pm.
- “Disarm…New Year, New Use,” a 3D Design exhibition of M-16 military assault rifles transformed into nonviolent statements. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, through Saturday, March 4. (This exhibition will also be on display at the Art Directors Club, 106 West 29th Street, March 20 – 24; Reception: Tuesday, March 21, 6 – 8pm.)
- “Precious,” a juried exhibition of photography and sculpture with BFA Photography Department student Naho Kubota; MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department students Michelle Meier and Tiana Peterson; and MFA Fine Arts Department students Sang Bin Park and Jae-Kwon Youn. Westside Gallery, 141 West 21st Street, through Saturday, March 25.
- “Prime Time,” the final of three MFA Fine Arts Department thesis exhibitions, curated by Amy Smith-Stewart. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, March 3 – 18; Reception: Tuesday, March 7, 6 – 8pm.
- “Into the Darkness,” an exhibition focusing on the use of black as a primary medium of expression, with work from MFA Illustration as Visual Essay Department student Jonathan Bean, MFA Fine Arts Department student Jenny Brown and BFA Photography Department student Melissa Libertelli. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, March 11 – April 13; Reception: Monday, March 13, 5 – 7pm.
Click here for more information about SVA exhibitions.
Image: Michelle Meier, Wallpaper, 2005; from “Precious.”