- “Bearing in Mind,” an exhibition addressing ways of seeing, with work from MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department students Dina Kantor, Colleen Noonan, Amy Stein and Elizabeth White, and MFA Computer Art Department student David Sarma; and “Twenty Eyes,” the second of three MFA Fine Arts Department thesis shows, curated by Sarah Braman, Philip Grauer and Wallace Whitney of CANADA gallery. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, through Saturday, February 4.
- “Emerging Artists in Fine Arts: Made in New York at SVA, part 1,” a selection of painting, sculpture, video and printmaking from BFA Fine Arts Department students. Visual Arts Gallery, 601 West 26th Street, 15th floor, February 10 – 25; Reception: Tuesday, February 14, 6 – 8pm.
- “DISARM…New Year, New Use,” a 3D Design exhibition of M-16 military assault rifles transformed into statements of peace. SVA Gallery, 209 East 23rd Street, February 13 – March 4; Reception: Wednesday, February 15, 5 – 7pm.
- “Reconstructing Photography,” works that deconstruct, reconstruct and question the role of photography in today’s art world. Selected from a variety of disciplines, the artists included are BFA Photography Department students Anita Eberhard and Koji Kakubari, MFA Computer Art Department student Ilias Koen, BFA Graphic Design Department student Sho Ma and MFA Fine Arts Department student Ricky Sears. Westside Gallery, 141 West 21st Street, through Saturday, February 11.
- “Precious,” a juried exhibition of photography and sculpture with BFA Photography Department student Naho Kubota; MFA Photography, Video and Related Media Department students Michelle Meier and Tiana Peterson; and MFA Fine Arts Department students Sang Bin Park and Jae-Kwon Youn. Westside Gallery, 141 West 21st Street, February 18 – March 25; Reception: Wednesday, February 22, 5 – 7pm.
Click here for more information about SVA exhibitions.
Image: Amy Stein, Goldfish, 2006; from “Bearing in Mind.”