SVA’s faculty and staff don’t leave art behind when the workday is done – many of the people who keep the College running are also artists in their own right, with current exhibitions:
- Art History Department Chair Suzanne Anker has an exhibition entitled Golden Boy at Universal Concepts Unlimited, 507 West 24th Street, May 13 – June 19; www.u-c-u.com.
- Visual Arts Library Circulation Manager (and 2002 BFA Fine Arts graduate) Jill Blagsvedt has new paintings at Shambhala Meditation Center of New York, 118 West 22nd Street, through May 19; ny.shambhala.org.
- BFA Fine Arts instructor Peter Dimiter Hristoff will have an exhibition of his paintings, drawings and prints, Uc Istanbullu, at the Yapi Kredi Cultural Center in Istanbul, May 20 – June 27; www.ykykultur.com.tr. Hristoff will curate an exhibition of traditional tiles from Iznik, Turkey, in the College’s Visual Arts Gallery in early 2005.
- Gary Sherman (BFA 1979 Fine Arts and MFA 1998 Fine Arts), assistant to the chairs of the BFA Fine Arts and Art History Departments, has an installation exhibition entitled Provisional Puff/Closed Circuit at The Phatory LLC, 618 East 9th Street, May 20 – June 13; Reception: Thursday, May 20, 6 – 8pm; 212.777.7922.
- BFA Photography faculty and staff member Raïssa Venables is showing her photographic work in Claustrophobia at Sphn Galerie in Berlin, Germany, through June 12th; www.sphn.de.
Image: Jill Blagsvedt, bubblewater, 2004.