On September 29, Bruce Wands, chair of the MFA Computer Art Department, will give an artist talk at Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center. Wands will discuss his project, Variations 703, an interactive music installation that engages viewers and allows them to control the music they hear by interacting with the sculpture. The installation was part of the SIGGRAPH 2003 Art Gallery and an earlier version was exhibited at the Museum het Toreke in Tienen, Belgium in 2001.
Harvestworks, located at 596 Broadway, Suite 602, is a nonprofit digital media arts center that provides resources for artists to learn digital tools and exhibit experimental work created with digital technologies. The artist talk with Wands is free and begins at 7pm. For more information visit Wand’s Web site.
- RT @EmmaMarshman: Woman’s march .... New York ... student and I found an amazing placard ... https://t.co/7LSCkLqYK1 about 1 hour ago
- RT @MuseumofCityNY: Help us tell the story of activism in NYC! If you're part of the #WomensMarch2018 today, use the hashtag #ActivistNY, a… about 7 hours ago
- RT @amykknapp: #WomensMarchNYC #WomensMarch2018 #PussyGrabsBack Thank you to @edelstudio for sharing your art! https://t.co/7N2vnDeAPF about 7 hours ago
- RT @bridgetbadore: #PowerToThePolls all year!! Starting TODAY on the @womensmarch anniversary, make sure you’re registered to vote by texti… about 7 hours ago
- RT @edelstudio: Women’s March. Art: @edelstudio https://t.co/42sglj5yq7 about 7 hours ago
- RT @rebeccasugar: This is INCREDIBLE! Last year when Steven Universe was nominated for a #GLAADaward, this category didn't exist! There is… about 11 hours ago
- RT @SteveCup: The Philanthropy Poster Project opens tomorrow at the #SVA Gramercy gallery. With reception on monday night. Hope you can che… about 13 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]