On September 29, Bruce Wands, chair of the MFA Computer Art Department, will give an artist talk at Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center. Wands will discuss his project, Variations 703, an interactive music installation that engages viewers and allows them to control the music they hear by interacting with the sculpture. The installation was part of the SIGGRAPH 2003 Art Gallery and an earlier version was exhibited at the Museum het Toreke in Tienen, Belgium in 2001.
Harvestworks, located at 596 Broadway, Suite 602, is a nonprofit digital media arts center that provides resources for artists to learn digital tools and exhibit experimental work created with digital technologies. The artist talk with Wands is free and begins at 7pm. For more information visit Wand’s Web site.
- RT @danmishkin: Many thanks to @Nate_Powell_Art for the lovely inscription in my copy of #ComeAgain. Thanks even more for the haunting and… about 6 hours ago
- RT @DanaTerrace: 🦉🐸💕 https://t.co/qHwUH49LM9 about 6 hours ago
- RT @artnet: Bowie, unmasked The work of Kate Garner merges music and fine art, as Garner began as a musician herself. Her 1995 portrait of… about 6 hours ago
- RT @nathanfoxy: #SKETCHofTHEday Commute gear concept stuff @WM_Comic #BrutalDOODLE #StayTUNED! https://t.co/qxLlCwvg3t about 6 hours ago
- RT @CartoonNetPR: Does #StevenUniverse cosplay get more magical than this? #CNatSDCC https://t.co/JtIwZU3MRm about 8 hours ago
- RT @cartoonnetwork: *CRIES IN SAN DIEGO* 😭😭😭 You guys, we’re getting a Steven Universe Movie soon ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜 #StevenUniverseMovie #StevenUnive… about 8 hours ago
- RT @SVADigitalPhoto: Celebrating three of the six Adobe Design Achievement Awards semi-finalists! Let’s wish them all luck in the next step… about 9 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]