On September 29, Bruce Wands, chair of the MFA Computer Art Department, will give an artist talk at Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center. Wands will discuss his project, Variations 703, an interactive music installation that engages viewers and allows them to control the music they hear by interacting with the sculpture. The installation was part of the SIGGRAPH 2003 Art Gallery and an earlier version was exhibited at the Museum het Toreke in Tienen, Belgium in 2001.
Harvestworks, located at 596 Broadway, Suite 602, is a nonprofit digital media arts center that provides resources for artists to learn digital tools and exhibit experimental work created with digital technologies. The artist talk with Wands is free and begins at 7pm. For more information visit Wand’s Web site.
- RT @WM_Comic: Another first look! Check out Marcos Martin’s cover for THE WEATHERMAN #2! #KillTheWeatherman https://t.co/whijBVICJQ about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVADSI: Fifteen social design projects that rethink our lives. May 1 at the SVA Theatre. RSVP: https://t.co/5cERozi522. https://t.co/kF… about 15 hours ago
- RT @socdoc: Amazing documentary without even leaving your house? @POVdocs has just announced its 31st Season and it includes two films whic… about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVABFAPHOTO: SVA BFA Photography & Video alum Alex M. Smith (2007) is featured on https://t.co/CFTKkYaGH6 with a photo essay about moth… about 15 hours ago
- RT @SVAgalleries: Closing Saturday: “The Haves and Have-Nots,” a theme-based exhibition of work by third-year BFA Cartooning and BFA Illust… about 15 hours ago
- RT @Dazed: "Thank you to this island for giving so much, sharing so much, and being a constant place of refuge and retreat when I've needed… about 15 hours ago
- Comic book legend and early #SVA student #JoeSinnott inked virtually every major @Marvel title from the '50s throug… https://t.co/ySrMQm5GoL about 16 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]