On September 29, Bruce Wands, chair of the MFA Computer Art Department, will give an artist talk at Harvestworks Digital Media Arts Center. Wands will discuss his project, Variations 703, an interactive music installation that engages viewers and allows them to control the music they hear by interacting with the sculpture. The installation was part of the SIGGRAPH 2003 Art Gallery and an earlier version was exhibited at the Museum het Toreke in Tienen, Belgium in 2001.
Harvestworks, located at 596 Broadway, Suite 602, is a nonprofit digital media arts center that provides resources for artists to learn digital tools and exhibit experimental work created with digital technologies. The artist talk with Wands is free and begins at 7pm. For more information visit Wand’s Web site.
- Best Made X @Wilco. @Pitchfork on how alt-rock band #Wilco is selling a deluxe box set and axe (yes, an axe!) desig… https://t.co/3cj6RHLnLN about 5 hours ago
- "#ThePriceOfEverything puts the complexities of the art world on breathtaking display" - Nice review of this art do… https://t.co/sNSGtOlnbd about 5 hours ago
- RT @smartinbrough: Official pic from last months @SVA_News Alumni Film & Animation Festival #BlackPanther panel. I joined fellow @svanyc al… about 5 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: If you're a storyteller who wants to apply to our low-residency program starting in Summer 2019 then check out our students' sto… about 5 hours ago
- RT @edelstudio: art for Doctors Without Borders. @MSF_USA https://t.co/a5b272KFXP about 5 hours ago
- Check out the animation of #SVA faculty and alumnus' @pablodelcan's new @Time cover. https://t.co/f8gHFItF2q about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVAcuratorial: #OpeningReception 10/19/18 6pm: This isn't for You, exhibition curated by Becka Jean, #SVA #MACuratorialPractice fellow… about 7 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]