In his latest photographic exhibition, And Jeopardize the Integrity of the Hull, fine artist and SVA alumnus Charlie White (BFA 1995 Fine Arts) reflects upon the images portrayed in the “picture” — those wholesome and American ideals that have become a means to express our dreams and desires. He takes these ideal images and alters them, allowing the viewer to see the happy and horrific consequences of inhabiting these landscapes. Each image opens up the human complexities and tensions that exist in the very clichés of representation; some images elicit authentic feelings of desire or sympathy, while others are more confrontational in nature. The exhibition runs through May 10 at the Andrea Rosen Gallery, 525 West 24 Street.
Image: The Persuaders, 2003, light jet Chromogenic print mounted on Plexiglas.
- Check out the newest episode of SVA's original series "Joes@Moe's," featuring political illustrator and… https://t.co/zwdE3j03pR 12:36:36 PM November 21, 2017
- RT @artandeducation: School of Visual Arts invites applications to the SVA MA Design Research program through Tuesday, January 16, 2017. @S… 04:21:34 PM November 20, 2017
- Final days to catch this "One of a Kind" installation by @SVADesign students on Madison Avenue. Closes tomorrow.… https://t.co/dRfCOeknB0 10:30:22 AM November 20, 2017
- RT @SVA_News: @Variety on how composers Germaine Franco and Michael Giacchino (BFA 1990 Film and Video) worked together to infuse the score… 09:55:43 AM November 17, 2017
- @Variety on how composers Germaine Franco and Michael Giacchino (BFA 1990 Film and Video) worked together to infuse… https://t.co/F4C822FRvB 09:54:01 AM November 17, 2017 in reply to Variety
- RT @SVAMPSB: The first ever Brand of the Year announced by @debbiemillman on behalf of SVAMPSB faculty—the @PussyhatProject shows that bran… 11:22:27 AM November 16, 2017
- RT @MFAVN: Settle into story for 2+ years and help the visual artist in you find the author in you. @MFAVN at The School of Visual Arts is… 03:20:57 PM November 15, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org