In his latest photographic exhibition, And Jeopardize the Integrity of the Hull, fine artist and SVA alumnus Charlie White (BFA 1995 Fine Arts) reflects upon the images portrayed in the “picture” — those wholesome and American ideals that have become a means to express our dreams and desires. He takes these ideal images and alters them, allowing the viewer to see the happy and horrific consequences of inhabiting these landscapes. Each image opens up the human complexities and tensions that exist in the very clichés of representation; some images elicit authentic feelings of desire or sympathy, while others are more confrontational in nature. The exhibition runs through May 10 at the Andrea Rosen Gallery, 525 West 24 Street.
Image: The Persuaders, 2003, light jet Chromogenic print mounted on Plexiglas.
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Hey designers! Let’s hear from you about this: HOLLA🎄D TONNEL https://t.co/aA2lzWNNZ8 about 13 hours ago
- RT @TitmouseInc: Broadway World @BroadwayWorld knows wassup. @Tigtone, a theatrical portrait of a man's compulsive drive for quests, premie… about 13 hours ago
- 10 Don't-Miss Exhibitions in NYC This Winter Break https://t.co/MjZLjWNlTT about 16 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Helping children’s books creators get published: meet Monica Wellington, SVACE faculty member https://t.co/YHk0pngNLZ… about 19 hours ago
- RT @thedailyheller: Kevin O’Callaghan, @SVANYC is the master of the improbable but not the impossible. His current, holiday-themed marvel “… about 20 hours ago
- RT @artwritingSVA: Check out the new video for MFA Art Writing's summer residency! This two-week intensive is designed for writers, artists… about 20 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Letterpress printing courses with Dikko Faust begin in January here at SVA Continuing Education! #SVACEfaculty https:/… about 21 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]