In his latest photographic exhibition, And Jeopardize the Integrity of the Hull, fine artist and SVA alumnus Charlie White (BFA 1995 Fine Arts) reflects upon the images portrayed in the “picture” — those wholesome and American ideals that have become a means to express our dreams and desires. He takes these ideal images and alters them, allowing the viewer to see the happy and horrific consequences of inhabiting these landscapes. Each image opens up the human complexities and tensions that exist in the very clichés of representation; some images elicit authentic feelings of desire or sympathy, while others are more confrontational in nature. The exhibition runs through May 10 at the Andrea Rosen Gallery, 525 West 24 Street.
Image: The Persuaders, 2003, light jet Chromogenic print mounted on Plexiglas.
- RT @stevebrodner: One of the best things about our upcoming Art as Witness Show at SVA Chelsea Gallery (opening Oct. 11 6-8) is the catalog… about 3 hours ago
- RT @Savageartist: On bookstore shelves 2/12/19. @HolidayHouseBks @NealPorterBooks @SVA_News @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT @SVALibrary @SVAIllusCart @bbo… about 3 hours ago
- The Frick Likely to Take Over the Met Breuer https://t.co/5EOW2U27yI about 3 hours ago
- Artist Brings Inanimate Objects to Life as Funny and Mischievous Characters https://t.co/E79ZZoKzBo about 4 hours ago
- RT @heyjenbartel: Meow 😼✍🏼 https://t.co/fVrCHgX25W about 5 hours ago
- RT @KatrinEismann: Golden hope in the morning...admittedly I wish that the Empire State Building was better centered. Have I just ruined th… about 5 hours ago
- RT @artwritingSVA: To the Pit of Things—Wrap up the week with this piece by alumnus @ColinEdgington, about three concurrent exhibitions of… about 5 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]