In his latest photographic exhibition, And Jeopardize the Integrity of the Hull, fine artist and SVA alumnus Charlie White (BFA 1995 Fine Arts) reflects upon the images portrayed in the “picture” — those wholesome and American ideals that have become a means to express our dreams and desires. He takes these ideal images and alters them, allowing the viewer to see the happy and horrific consequences of inhabiting these landscapes. Each image opens up the human complexities and tensions that exist in the very clichés of representation; some images elicit authentic feelings of desire or sympathy, while others are more confrontational in nature. The exhibition runs through May 10 at the Andrea Rosen Gallery, 525 West 24 Street.
Image: The Persuaders, 2003, light jet Chromogenic print mounted on Plexiglas.
- RT @SVA_Residencies: Check out these tips for getting the most out of an artist residency! https://t.co/ZdUgR9JTv8 Applications are live f… about 1 hour ago
- RT @socdoc: We super💖 this profile of #DragKid @desmond_amazing on @FatherlyHQ made by #SocDoc @SVAalumni: EP @AdamBanicki & Editor @lucase… about 1 hour ago
- RT @louisefili: Happy first day of spring! When asked by School of Visual Arts to design a new subway poster, I thought of the previous end… about 1 hour ago
- RT @paperisfood: 💕Hello ! My name is Katya Frakine and currently I am studying animation at SVA! 🌟You can also find me on instagram @paper… about 1 hour ago
- RT @thedailyheller: Thanking Robert Grossman for his service to satiric art and graphic humor. https://t.co/hjke2DQfUW https://t.co/5k5X75Y… about 1 hour ago
- #SVA BFA Photography and Video's #Mentors show is on view now at the @SVAgalleries. Details here:… https://t.co/Ng6znCM2aM about 2 hours ago
- #SVA is honored to announce that artist, designer and environmentalist #MayaLin will be the keynote speaker at the… https://t.co/dneFGuRRqI about 2 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]