In his latest photographic exhibition, And Jeopardize the Integrity of the Hull, fine artist and SVA alumnus Charlie White (BFA 1995 Fine Arts) reflects upon the images portrayed in the “picture” — those wholesome and American ideals that have become a means to express our dreams and desires. He takes these ideal images and alters them, allowing the viewer to see the happy and horrific consequences of inhabiting these landscapes. Each image opens up the human complexities and tensions that exist in the very clichés of representation; some images elicit authentic feelings of desire or sympathy, while others are more confrontational in nature. The exhibition runs through May 10 at the Andrea Rosen Gallery, 525 West 24 Street.
Image: The Persuaders, 2003, light jet Chromogenic print mounted on Plexiglas.
- RT @QueensArtX: @svatheatre 2017 Alumni Film & Animation Festival is back! A full schedule can be found below: https://t.co/R4uhuGxJo7 #Af… about 15 hours ago
- RT @svatheatre: #AfterSchoolSpecial free screening #1: Art of the Prank, abt hoaxster Joey Skaggs, who some might say invented #fakenews. M… about 15 hours ago
- RT @nanLeMay: @SVA_News @Metro_US @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT @SVAgalleries I studied with Marshall in the late 1970s, and, truly, I am still learning… about 20 hours ago
- .@Metro_US spotlight @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT Chair Marshall Arisman and his retrospective now on view @SVAgalleries… https://t.co/3EvL0GFX1j about 20 hours ago
- RT @SVAOLT: Animator & Illustrator @wangqieer shares examples of her work & demos her #gif making process https://t.co/QuAoLTGcvo @SVA_News… about 21 hours ago
- Marshall Arisman's unforgettable cover for American Psycho. Don't miss his retrospective opening this Sat., 8/19:… https://t.co/eemfBvMtLa 01:00:42 PM August 18, 2017
- @MFAVN Chair @nathanfoxy created a cool 360-degree illustration that examines the history of solar eclipse myths. https://t.co/mAHao5l46A 10:15:19 AM August 18, 2017 in reply to MFAVN
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]