- BFA Fine Arts instructors Jeanne Silverthorne and Lynne Yamamoto are recipients of the 2002 Penny McCall Foundation Awards. The foundation annually awards grants to American artists selected by its board from nominations submitted by an anonymous national nominating committee. Each recipient receives $30,000.
- Nils Karsten, BFA Fine Arts instructor and alumnus (1999) has work appearing in a group show at White Columns gallery called Were You Alright Yesterday?. This exhibition explores everyday social insecurities and discomfort resulting from banal events. Mr. Karsten presents a series of ambiguous drawings of a girl in
apparently uncomfortable and awkward facial poses. January 31 – March 9, 2003; Reception: January 31, 7 – 9pm. White Columns is at 320 West 13 Street (entrance on Horatio Street).
- The National Arts Club’s upcoming Annual Student Exhibition will feature several students from the department: Gregory Edwards, Aleya Hoerlein, and Raymond McDonald. The exhibition is February 7 – 18, 1 to 6pm daily; Reception: February 7, 5 – 7pm. The National Arts Club is at 15 Gramercy Park South.
- Don't forget. Tonight at 6:30pm at the @svatheatre, @GloriaSteinem and #BarbaraNessim: In Conversation… https://t.co/TX5S8O9jgp about 6 hours ago
- Jan Fabre Is Renowned for Pushing Boundaries. Did He Go Too Far With His Dancers? https://t.co/bLdpzdXRwT about 6 hours ago
- 6:30PM tonight! @visualcritical hosts GROUP CHAT: Bringing Together a Peer Network. Three guest artists show work &… https://t.co/UdgqXBNu6h about 7 hours ago
- Yayoi Kusama: the world's favourite artist? https://t.co/K3EHPDvNLW about 7 hours ago
- My First Year: SVA Student Rianne Pyle https://t.co/REEZPKm70Y about 8 hours ago
- Here's our feature on @Savageartist's most recent book. #SVA's Stephen Savage Puts An Imaginative Twist On A Classi… https://t.co/GB9MmvbePK about 8 hours ago in reply to SVA_News
- #SVA's @Savageartist has a new book coming! #BabysitterFromAnotherPlanet On bookstore shelves 2/12/19. WANT! https://t.co/TyccTupYSd about 8 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]