- Hunter/Gatherer: Collecting as Instinct, December 5 – December 17; Reception: December 9. Hunter/Gatherer will feature artwork that explores modern variations on the primal activities of hunting and gathering. Although we now have places like grocery stores and malls to provide our necessities, the primal urge to hunt and gather still lies within. Students in the show were asked to assemble objects that have personal value. The humble items seen in the exhibition have little or no intrinsic value yet vividly show how people, in one way or another, are all collectors.
- BFA Fine Arts Open Studios; Sculpture, December 9, 5 to 9pm at the Sculpture Center, 30 West 17 Street; Painting, December 13, 5 to 9pm at 141 West 21 Street (floors 4 and 6).
- Video Art: Changing Channels; The BFA Fine Arts Department presents an evening of video screenings curated by instructor Cheryl Donegan. The evening will be divided into several thematic sections, including: Electronic Processing/Digital Spaces; Video/Mirror; Gender Performance; Do It Yourself: Actions, Diaries; and Using TV. It’s all happening December 5 at 7pm in the SVA Amphitheater, 209 East 23 Street (3rd floor).
- The lecture with Lorna Simpson scheduled for tonight has been postponed. New date TBA.
- RT @MFAVN: Netflix is developing animated shows from the creators of Moana, Inside Out, and Finding Dory -| The service’s four-year plan in… about 6 hours ago
- RT @svasocdoc: So Proud of SocDoc alum @YUQIII Kang and her team on @littlewisdomdoc for winning #DocNYC Grand Jury Prize with her thesis f… about 6 hours ago
- RT @SVA_MFACA: Great to meet with prospective students and representatives from other schools at the @RinglingCollege Grad School Fair toda… about 6 hours ago
- Jeff Koons Found Guilty in Plagiarism Dispute With Naf-Naf https://t.co/WsBYN1VXnT about 8 hours ago
- RT @BespokeLib: Our 7th gr Star Desi is loving Witch Boy by @MollyOstertag! Her favorite book all year. ☺️ (Wait until she reads sequel!) h… about 9 hours ago
- one taught me love one taught me patience one taught me pain https://t.co/GYmeSL5VMW about 9 hours ago
- Paula Rego’s art has challenged us for decades. Now, at 83, she talks to Eva Wiseman about cruel fables and the med… https://t.co/q2x1aiGMQr about 9 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]