Mayumi Hayashi (BFA Fine Art, 1997) is currently showing her work in Innermost, a sculpture exhibition about reflection and memory. The show can be seen through January 22 at The Teaching Gallery, Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, New York. The artist recently gave a lecture to a group of students at the college with an interest in fine arts, many of whom hope to continue their studies at an art college. With this in mind, Ms. Hayashi shared her personal journey from being a student in Japan, to becoming an art student at SVA, and now working as an artist. Ms. Hayashi is also an exhibiting artist at Goliath, a Brooklyn gallery she co-founded with her husband Erik Guzman (BFA Fine Arts, 1997), studio manager at the SVA Sculpture Center.
Image: Innermost, 2002 by Mayumi Hayashi.
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Hey designers! Let’s hear from you about this: HOLLA🎄D TONNEL https://t.co/aA2lzWNNZ8 about 13 hours ago
- RT @TitmouseInc: Broadway World @BroadwayWorld knows wassup. @Tigtone, a theatrical portrait of a man's compulsive drive for quests, premie… about 13 hours ago
- 10 Don't-Miss Exhibitions in NYC This Winter Break https://t.co/MjZLjWNlTT about 16 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Helping children’s books creators get published: meet Monica Wellington, SVACE faculty member https://t.co/YHk0pngNLZ… about 19 hours ago
- RT @thedailyheller: Kevin O’Callaghan, @SVANYC is the master of the improbable but not the impossible. His current, holiday-themed marvel “… about 20 hours ago
- RT @artwritingSVA: Check out the new video for MFA Art Writing's summer residency! This two-week intensive is designed for writers, artists… about 20 hours ago
- RT @SVAContinuingEd: Letterpress printing courses with Dikko Faust begin in January here at SVA Continuing Education! #SVACEfaculty https:/… about 21 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]