Mayumi Hayashi (BFA Fine Art, 1997) is currently showing her work in Innermost, a sculpture exhibition about reflection and memory. The show can be seen through January 22 at The Teaching Gallery, Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, New York. The artist recently gave a lecture to a group of students at the college with an interest in fine arts, many of whom hope to continue their studies at an art college. With this in mind, Ms. Hayashi shared her personal journey from being a student in Japan, to becoming an art student at SVA, and now working as an artist. Ms. Hayashi is also an exhibiting artist at Goliath, a Brooklyn gallery she co-founded with her husband Erik Guzman (BFA Fine Arts, 1997), studio manager at the SVA Sculpture Center.
Image: Innermost, 2002 by Mayumi Hayashi.
- Check out the newest episode of SVA's original series "Joes@Moe's," featuring political illustrator and… https://t.co/zwdE3j03pR 12:36:36 PM November 21, 2017
- RT @artandeducation: School of Visual Arts invites applications to the SVA MA Design Research program through Tuesday, January 16, 2017. @S… 04:21:34 PM November 20, 2017
- Final days to catch this "One of a Kind" installation by @SVADesign students on Madison Avenue. Closes tomorrow.… https://t.co/dRfCOeknB0 10:30:22 AM November 20, 2017
- RT @SVA_News: @Variety on how composers Germaine Franco and Michael Giacchino (BFA 1990 Film and Video) worked together to infuse the score… 09:55:43 AM November 17, 2017
- @Variety on how composers Germaine Franco and Michael Giacchino (BFA 1990 Film and Video) worked together to infuse… https://t.co/F4C822FRvB 09:54:01 AM November 17, 2017 in reply to Variety
- RT @SVAMPSB: The first ever Brand of the Year announced by @debbiemillman on behalf of SVAMPSB faculty—the @PussyhatProject shows that bran… 11:22:27 AM November 16, 2017
- RT @MFAVN: Settle into story for 2+ years and help the visual artist in you find the author in you. @MFAVN at The School of Visual Arts is… 03:20:57 PM November 15, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org