Steve Ditko, co-creator of the Amazing Spiderman comic book character, attended the Cartoonists & Illustrator’s School–the College’s previous incarnation–in the early fifties. Then he worked at Marvel alongside the legendary Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
Lee-Kirby-Ditko cut a swath through the industry. The advent of the Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, the Hulk and Dr. Strange, plus character after character that live on today, had their their geneses in the minds of these three individuals. Without Lee’s scripting, Ditko’s characters may have ended up as harsh and unforgiving as his later work, but it was the tension between two successful styles that created the hybrid known as The Amazing Spider-Man. The voice is Lee’s but the look and feel of the nerd is Ditko’s. For more information, visit the Steve Ditko web site.
- Check out the newest episode of SVA's original series "[email protected]'s," featuring political illustrator and… https://t.co/zwdE3j03pR 12:36:36 PM November 21, 2017
- RT @artandeducation: School of Visual Arts invites applications to the SVA MA Design Research program through Tuesday, January 16, 2017. @S… 04:21:34 PM November 20, 2017
- Final days to catch this "One of a Kind" installation by @SVADesign students on Madison Avenue. Closes tomorrow.… https://t.co/dRfCOeknB0 10:30:22 AM November 20, 2017
- RT @SVA_News: @Variety on how composers Germaine Franco and Michael Giacchino (BFA 1990 Film and Video) worked together to infuse the score… 09:55:43 AM November 17, 2017
- @Variety on how composers Germaine Franco and Michael Giacchino (BFA 1990 Film and Video) worked together to infuse… https://t.co/F4C822FRvB 09:54:01 AM November 17, 2017 in reply to Variety
- RT @SVAMPSB: The first ever Brand of the Year announced by @debbiemillman on behalf of SVAMPSB faculty—the @PussyhatProject shows that bran… 11:22:27 AM November 16, 2017
- RT @MFAVN: Settle into story for 2+ years and help the visual artist in you find the author in you. @MFAVN at The School of Visual Arts is… 03:20:57 PM November 15, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]