Steve Ditko, co-creator of the Amazing Spiderman comic book character, attended the Cartoonists & Illustrator’s School–the College’s previous incarnation–in the early fifties. Then he worked at Marvel alongside the legendary Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.
Lee-Kirby-Ditko cut a swath through the industry. The advent of the Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, the Hulk and Dr. Strange, plus character after character that live on today, had their their geneses in the minds of these three individuals. Without Lee’s scripting, Ditko’s characters may have ended up as harsh and unforgiving as his later work, but it was the tension between two successful styles that created the hybrid known as The Amazing Spider-Man. The voice is Lee’s but the look and feel of the nerd is Ditko’s. For more information, visit the Steve Ditko web site.
- RT @edelstudio: "Stormy" art: @edelstudio https://t.co/0ic6ipZCCL about 3 hours ago
- RT @MikaOrr_MIKOOKA: I support next generation filmmakers. Show your support by heading to https://t.co/h9VyxwZyRM, watch all five finalist… about 3 hours ago
- Alana Conway https://t.co/OQKEgxu8KC about 3 hours ago in reply to SVA_News
- #SVA community: Hope you’ve been safe out there. All undergraduate, graduate and continuing education classes will… https://t.co/9O2EYDIFp9 about 3 hours ago
- RT @colebrax: Check out my new podcast w/ @AdamRackoff and animator @plymptoons where he discusses his new project with @jackie_greene scre… about 5 hours ago
- RT @MFAVN: BFA Photography and Video Students Show Off Their 'Mentors' Exhibition https://t.co/9mBusu728Y #mentors #SVA https://t.co/qoznI7… about 5 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT: Hyesu Lee and the United NYC Half Marathon - Last week, MFA Illustration instructor, Hyesu Lee, was asked... https://t… about 6 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]