Kenny Scharf (BFA Fine Arts) was one of the most popular New York artists in the early ’80s, gaining fame alongside artists Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat. He’s currently featured in the March/April issue of Juxtapoz. Although Mr. Scharf cannot seem to get away from the “graffiti artist” label, he explains that he has been working for some time on a very non-graffiti-like series of portraits.
Image: Udo by the Sea, 2001.
- Marshall Arisman's unforgettable cover for American Psycho. Don't miss his retrospective opening this Sat., 8/19:… https://t.co/eemfBvMtLa 01:00:42 PM August 18, 2017
- @MFAVN Chair @nathanfoxy created a cool 360-degree illustration that examines the history of solar eclipse myths. https://t.co/mAHao5l46A 10:15:19 AM August 18, 2017 in reply to MFAVN
- .@FlauntMagazine on @doziekanu's "refreshingly informed and cleverly subversive" designs https://t.co/9D8qJXP1M3 c… https://t.co/66avWABVUi 10:00:42 AM August 18, 2017
- Check out @SVAMFAILLUSTRAT alum @AyaKakeda's 'vibrant fictional worlds' @hifructosemag https://t.co/kRLvs3XwlH cc:… https://t.co/pEYmPGwi4N 03:00:39 PM August 17, 2017
- .@SVAfilmvideo alum @CrystalMoselle to direct skateboarding movie starring @officialjaden & @Erodriguez (of @OITNB)… https://t.co/jAlufuvTAj 10:30:23 AM August 17, 2017
- .@Colossal on @svaPoD alum @richardclarkson's new Floating Cloud creation https://t.co/NpQ0HwABJ9 cc: @SVAalumni https://t.co/TBQ09Xwhom 02:00:48 PM August 16, 2017
- Video: How Vera Lutter is capturing @LACMA through her transformative photos https://t.co/Kp0oEUIrTL cc:… https://t.co/AP2GCt6AOU 10:00:38 AM August 16, 2017
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]