- Rodney Smith, a theologian turned fine art, fashion, and portrait photographer, will present his work in the SVA Amphitheater at 6:30pm. Mr. Smith was recently named to Photo District News and Kodak’s “Legends Online” series. Admission to the event is free for Camera Club of New York members, SVA students, faculty, and staff; and $6 for non-members. This event is sponsored by the Camera Club of New York and the BFA Photography Department.
- The Art Therapy Department hosts the first lecture in a series entitled Crisis & Creativity: Healing Through the Arts. Internationally renowned art therapist Lucia Cappacchione, Ph.D and author of the best selling book, Recovery of Your Inner Child will hold forth in the department’s new studio space at 132 West 21 Street (3rd floor). The lecture will take place from 6:30 to 8:30pm. and is free.
- The Eastside Gallery is currently showing Identity, which includes work from the MFA Photography and BFA Fine Arts Departments. A reception for the artists will take place 5 to 7pm, but viewers can enjoy this exhibition until March 27.
- Jean Curran’s dye-transfer prints from film stills, and a stop-time movie by Catherine Opie, continue the 60-year-o… https://t.co/sXLuJKHNFd about 10 minutes ago
- Top 100 Sculptors of 2018 on Instagram https://t.co/ZtRHPMtpft about 1 hour ago
- #SVA Alum Elizabeth Peyton will have a solo show at the National Portrait Gallery (@NPGLondon), London in October 2… https://t.co/XFhi4dIkXL about 19 hours ago
- #SVA faculty, designer, podcaster @DebbieMillman talks to acclaimed illustrator, artist and author Christoph Nieman… https://t.co/XtJkocIY7n about 20 hours ago
- #SVA Subway Series: @JuliaRothman Says Protest Is Art [Video] https://t.co/r8YXKcekJA about 20 hours ago
- RT @SVAMFADesign: Application Deadline: January 15th 2019. Find out more about our program @ https://t.co/mJMnoZQAuv #design @SVA_News #ent… about 20 hours ago
- Check out an interview with @SVADSI chair Cheryl Heller about social design. https://t.co/lxmZzctC1o https://t.co/qiQD9aTi6Z about 21 hours ago
Send stories, links and tips to [email protected]